Tell me about my heads and pistons. Pics.

-

WSUTARD

Reaction score
Just tore my heads off. Was experiencing coolant in the combustion chamber. I can't see anything that would cause this. The head gaskets look good. The intake gaskets looked fine.

Looks like coolant was getting into 6 of the 8. The plugs show the same thing.

First pics are the passenger side. Second are the drivers side.

IMG_1368.JPG
IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

Were you seeing continuous white smoke out of the pipes on a cool day for a long time, or that never stopped? Just curious as to this is your diagnosis.

Have the heads and deck checked for warpage. Once they get overheated a bit and warped, your gonna keep having coolant and gasket issues 'til you have things shaved flat again.

Those look like some kinda mildly dome pistons....??? Vis a vis your other thread.... can you measure how far those poke above the deck at TDC?

The smoke would trail down to very minimal by the end of a drive. But it would still be there. I had to add coolant at least once.

Regarding the dome on the pistons. No way for me to measure. But you can see in the picture that at TDC the outer lip is even with the block and the inner part is raise up above the block just a tad.

I'm having the heads cleaned and checked for warpage.

The machinist said the valves looked lean to him. Especially since all the valves are like that.
IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

-
Back