tell me why

-

Duster Drag Car

Reaction score
why are big block mopars so expensive to build and get horsepower out out of vs chevrolet why why why??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

why are big block mopars so expensive to build and got horsepower out out of versisive chevrolet why why why??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Um...you gotta pay for the best.Nuff said.:D

Hell things are a lot better now days. Not to long ago you had two choices for aluminum heads. Stage VI or Fred Brewer. Now days you have Edelbrock, Indy, B-1 , Pro Comp, Mopar,440 Source. Stroker cranks, a few years ago you had to pay big bucks for Kellog, or a Bryant. Now you can build a 543 with a kit from 440 Source for less than 2500 bucks. It all comes down to supply and demand. The Chubby guys have had it good for a long time. Anything that is developed was always for the Chubby first. Times are great now,ENJOY.

Times are great now,ENJOY.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Although the lil' engines have benefited more at this point in time. A 400-500 horse small block Mopar is easier today then ever, but a big block 700+ horse engine still requires a substantial investment.

Pure numbers.
When you tool up to produce , do you go after the market of 1000 possible users or 10,000.
Very few people have the wherewithal to attempt something on this scale and those that do typically expect a return on their investment.
There are options out there , as stated above.
It is getting better.
But MoPar is still third fiddle as far as most aftermarket manufacturers are concerned.

Pure numbers.
When you tool up to produce , do you go after the market of 1000 possible users or 10,000.
Very few people have the wherewithal to attempt something on this scale and those that do typically expect a return on their investment.
There are options out there , as stated above.
It is getting better.
But MoPar is still third fiddle as far as most aftermarket manufacturers are concerned.
you talk the truth best answer ive heard

I dissagree, I'm building a low deck 470 stroker, Stage VI, STR-14 2 x 4,NSS motor that I will have about 4500-6000 in. If your patient and look these are great times to score some good buys.

My Ford buddies were in the same boat for a long time. Imo if not for the Fox body mustang they would still be in the position Mopar guys are in. I hate to say it, but the K-car probably set us back a decade or so.

Duster Drag Car said:
you know what im saying dont play dumb

No really I didn't. Know what you where saying but now I do thanks to our great teacher and I have 10'000 in my big block mopar and would do it again I wouldn't put a Pennie in a Chevy why go with the norm and be a cookie cutter anyone can build a chevy it takes a special kind of person to be different sorry if you was thinking I was trying to make fun that was not my intention I really
Didn't understand the question if it makes you feel better my girlfriend corrected me several times while writing this lol

It's very simple. The small chebbie for example remained virtually unchanged from 1955 until 1986. The Chevrolet big block remained virtually unchanged from 1965 until 1986. Even after 1986, both engines had a LOT of parts that would interchange with the first generations.

Mopar on the other hand, made their early small blocks with a bastard intake angle in the cylinder head. So, to make a fair comparison, you have to say from 1967 to 1992 for the small block Mopar and from 1958 to 1979 for the Mopar big block.

Sounds like a comparable amount of time doesn't it? It's not, because Mopar made less of their power plants than chebbie. Much less. Couple that with the fact that every single motorsports sanctioning body has always been chebbie favored and every single major aftermarket parts maker has always been chebbie favored and you begin to see the reason.

That in itself is why Mopar people are special. It takes more work, more money and more dedication to build and own Mopars. The end result of that however is owning a muscle car that's head and shoulders above any other American automobile ever made. PERIOD.

Just think of all the extra $$ you can win by racing a Mopar. It makes up for itself
:glasses7:

Big block mopars were engineered to motivate well appointed land yachts in an expediant manner.

-
Back