Tell me your thoughts on the whole Spotify, apple I tunes ect.

-

jimmer

Reaction score
So for me I would much rather have something tangible in my hands.
I have a very large music collection.
I have a couple collection of well over 600 cd's.
I also have e shared music files from friends.
I like the fact I can load a thumb drive with thousands of songs and plug it into my motorcycle and listen to all the random music.
I listen to Spotify for free.yes I hate the commercials yet for free I'll deal with it.
The thing I recently noticed was that they added songs I guarantee I did not put on my Playlist!.
Yeah they were bands I hand but the songs were the ones I hated by the bands.

I still buy cd's when I can find ones I like and would rather go that route.

How do you prefer to get your music ?

Listening to CDs is the best audio quality, i prefer that when i want hear music really loud. I like my spotify account too, tons of music, i can send my albums to friends, cool for homeparties!

We have Spotify premium and love it. I used to be all about owning all my music but I’ve discovered so many other artists (new and old) that I never would have heard otherwise.

i could not tell you what spotify is, dont think i ever heard of it

i used to buy music on CDs, or download it
nowadays, my laptop doesnt evenhave a CD player in it anymore

most of my music is on flashdrives and i can move it around pretty easy
i can also pull music from youtube and convert that into MP3, which is nice

I like YouTube music but I was kicked off of YouTube last year because they're so sensitive.
I have Spotify but it doesn't learn or recommend as well as YouTube music. My 2 cents.

I have Spotify Premium, like it a lot. I switched from SiriusXM and the improvement in sound quality with Spotify Premium was amazing. I like that I can put in an artist name, an album name or just something like ‘the top songs of 1968’ and that is what I get.

I have no idea what any of that stuff is.......

Nor do I care. I just want to get my cd player in my dash fixed.

Edit: who besides me still has a cassette player in the dash of their Mopar ? (Holding up hand)

I have no idea what any of that stuff is.......

Nor do I care. I just want to get my cd player in my dash fixed.

Edit: who besides me still has a cassette player in the dash of their Mopar ? (Holding up hand)
I have a nice AM/FM cassette. Auto reverse and all. It's not in anything. I also have a NIB RCA AM/FM/8 Track. lol

The free version of Spotify is pretty hard to beat for being free. You can “like” a bazillion songs, make your own playlists pretty easily, and it even starts making recommended playlists based off the artists you listen to - kind of like a Pandora station. Having Spotify is like owning - having access to - all the music, but for free…

The free version of Spotify is pretty hard to beat for being free. You can “like” a bazillion songs, make your own playlists pretty easily, and it even starts making recommended playlists based off the artists you listen to - kind of like a Pandora station. Having Spotify is like owning - having access to - all the music, but for free…

that was one thing i hated about pandora (a coworker used to listen to it)

their algorithms sucked
i would put on "afraid to shoot strangers"
the next song would be " i shot the sheriff"
and before you know it, you're rocking out to "strangers in the night"

"Eyes of a Stranger" -Queensryche...:)
I was privileged enough to see Queensryche rehearse in their studio all of operation mindcrime and the rest of the set for the Empire tour.
Also went back stage in 87 Rage For Order with AC/DC.
Band was never the same after Chris DeGarmo left.
He has a sweet 69 Judge GTO

I just found out I have a Spotify app on my new phone (which I hate!) which I haven't bothered to open.

So, how is this useful in a car, compared to a 200 watt cd player with a bunch of speakers?
And considering I haven't liked any current music for about thirty years?

I just found out I have a Spotify app on my new phone (which I hate!) which I haven't bothered to open.

So, how is this useful in a car, compared to a 200 watt cd player with a bunch of speakers?
And considering I haven't liked any current music for about thirty years?
You stream music through the "line in" or blue tooth in the car, in the old ddays you have a "cassette" adapter. The thing I have found with an Ipod is, even on shuffle you get bored with your music files and want to listen to something you dont have, then you have to resinc the IPOD etc.

-
Back