Telling how much tread is left - Drag Radials

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Hey there, a buddy of mine just gave me some 275/60/15 BFG Drag Radials for my cuda. He said there was a good amount of tread life left on em, but looking at them...in my opinion, there doesnt appear to be a whole lot. So what I'm asking is how do i see how much actual tread is left? Radials have the little penny deal or the depth gauge, slicks have the dots, but drag radials?

Any info would help, they'd really only be for going, racing, coming home from the track.

I can get pics too later tonight

THanks
-Mike :thumblef:

In a measurement in 0/32 of a inch,what is the depth of the thread lines in the radial?They normally come with a new depth of 7-8/32,what is it now,or are the tires lost all thier rubber.I would check out the BFG web site for a spec and post it to determine if they are good or no good,Mrmopartech

I have run those a few times , when the tread is gone there isnt much left before the casing ....i ve gotten about 3 k out of a set. when the tread is worn down they seem to lose traction also.....personally I wont buy another set. if you do run them keep the air pressure up, at least above 20 lbs....i found 24-26 was about the best,any thing less and the centers cupped ..... we have found the taller ( bigger sidewall ) tires work better....good luck

-
Back