Temporary exhaust leak fix?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm set to get my truck smogged Thursday by a guy who will help out but "can't guarantee any miracles". It's a slant 6 with lean burn. I welded up a leak after my cat converter but I noticed I still had an exhaust leak. Went feeling around more and there is a nice sized leak in between the two manifolds.

I don't have time to take the manifolds off and replace the gaskets. Do you guys have any suggestions for any make shift fixes I could use just to get it by smog? Could I run copper rtv across there or would it just burn off? I'm just looking for ideas to get me by smog so I can get myself some time to take the manifolds off and fix it the right way.

There is something out there called a Muffler bandage??? Victor or Bell brands should be able to take care of your problem. You can find it at any auto parts stores. They are fiberglass / epoxy strips, you can weave around leaks. Kit should be right around $5.00. Hope that helps somewhat- you may be able to thread in between the manifolds.

Thanks cj...looks like upon further inspection, the manifold is cracked so I'm just going to have to do it the right way the first time.

-
Back