TF-727 trans cooler lines

-

70 Buster 340

Carbon Footprint
Reaction score
I plan on moving the trans cooler to the trunk and would like to know two details.

1- which line is the output (to the cooler) ?
2- what is the approx. PSI pressure in the cooler lines ?

Thanks

If you're planning on hauling baby chicks in your trunk during the cold winter months, be sure it is properly vented per Colonel Sanders regulations.

Then I would move the heater core to the trunk instead... :realcrazy:
oh wait... it doesn't have one of those. But I do know which is in and which is out if needed. :rolleyes:

"Haulin' Chics a 1/4 mile at a time" :poke:

Mount it where it gets air. You could cut the vents out of an old Corvair engine cover and weld them to your deck lid.

I had a 93 dodge diesel truck with it mounted under the bed from the factory. In the winter it would melt the snow out of the bed. They do get extremely hot.

Well if you have a fan style defroster unit you could make use of it for heat to the glass. That way you could still have stereo speakers. Only a thought but you never know, It would work

Not sure why you'd want it there, but I'd recommend a trans temp gauge if you move the cooler.

Maybe a six pack hood scoop on the deck lid.
Then you could drive backwards if you mounted it correct.

to answer your question, the front port is the outlet to cooler , rear port it return, psi is 30 psi or less, as long as there are no restrictions.

Drag car.
Any weight moved from the front to the back is a good thing.

The cooler has a filter also, that's why I need to know in vs. out for the lines.
Want to know the PSI to pick the right hose and fitting set up. It will transition from NPT to AN.
The trunk is vented through a 'diffuser' mounted to the spare tire well floor. There will be negative pressure in the trunk. Between rounds the lid will be open and the cooler fan running.

Maybe a six pack hood scoop on the deck lid.
Then you could drive backwards if you mounted it correct.

Sounds like a plan. lol

I do have a spare dual snorkel but I think it would 'Clash' with the look of the six-pack on the front.

Reminds me of....
"If my dog looked like that I'd shave its *** and make it walk backwards"

Well if you have a fan style defroster unit you could make use of it for heat to the glass. That way you could still have stereo speakers. Only a thought but you never know, It would work

A reasonable suggestion. Would be good in cold climates in a street car but for the track per NHRA rules the trunk must be completely sealed off from the drivers compartment with the fuel cell and batteries in the trunk.

This is the basic set-up that's going in the trunk.
AJTG9191.jpg

JDPJ4059.jpg

DPAE1219.jpg

I run a small finned cooler with a flat 6" fan on top of it up the the rear axle well. The only times I run the fan is in the staging lanes & when I hit the turn out on the way back to the pits. Been running this combination for 11 years in a high 9, low 10 second bracket car with no problems.

The cooler in the pics is for hose fittings . IMO hose is not good enough . Have braided steel hoses made at any good hydraulic shop a little bit larger than the connections for more volume . you'll be surprised at how affordable the lines are . You should have no issues if you have a fan to cool it as long as it's in the air . If you are using a tranny brake your tranny temp goes up 10* every second the brake is applied . So overcooling will not hurt . Just MO

TB, as I stated in another post sometimes my ideas are a bust & other times they work out despite myself. LMAO

Gotta love how people poo poo ideas around here.
But don't let it stop you from doing or trying something different.
Anything can be changed or fixed if it doesn't work out, and this is how we find new and different ways of doing things.
Have be different ... if I do the same thing as everyone else, I'll only be as good, not better or faster.
The cooler in the pics is for hose fittings . IMO hose is not good enough . Have braided steel hoses made at any good hydraulic shop a little bit larger than the connections for more volume . you'll be surprised at how affordable the lines are . You should have no issues if you have a fan to cool it as long as it's in the air . If you are using a tranny brake your tranny temp goes up 10* every second the brake is applied . So overcooling will not hurt . Just MO
Was going to go AN or JIC but at 30 psi line pressure it's overkill and heavier. I love overkill ... up to a point of diminishing return. Severe duty on the street or oval track I would go that way but I don't see that braided AN or 3000 psi JIC hydraulic line will be an advantage on the strip.

Footbrake car.

I run a small finned cooler with a flat 6" fan on top of it up the the rear axle well. The only times I run the fan is in the staging lanes & when I hit the turn out on the way back to the pits. Been running this combination for 11 years in a high 9, low 10 second bracket car with no problems.

Yup ... fan on in line and until burnout complete, fan back on during cost down and return road.

-
Back