TF OD Back to second and Dodge Trans news

-

Wyrmrider

Reaction score
Stock TF OD 500-518 through 47 do not shift back to second at higher speeds even with a shift kit. I have the TFOD-HD2 with mods
I was at Transgo today and Dave has a new version of their hardened and coated separator plate with a die modification that allows back to second.
Will test Mid Nov
should be available Thanksgiving time
I think we should appreciate what a stamping die costs and what to modify for 4 versions
Different ones are needed for boost valve or no boost valve and for small case and big case in the current plate which has been available since last Century and I would expect that to continue- so know which valve body you have. (94-95 may be the dividing point)

Also if doing an overhaul Transgo's heat treated OD spring holds direct clutch reverse a must for HD and towing use

We went in for a Mercedes which uses the same 6 speed transmission as many Chryslers.
The servos on the plate issue- fixed but had to reset the computer- our scanner would not do it- Dave's would- (Mercedes uses different "Deutch" plug under the hood instead of under the Dash Mopar style)
incidentally do not use brand x parts here- get oem quality from TRANSTAR
a hint
spill a beer or coke on the shifter and the computer at the bottom of the shift mechanism dies

Dave just finished a new separator plate for the 6 speed Dodge truck trans- the one used for over 10 years - a pretty good trans

-
Back