Thank you Johnny Dart

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is one of the best things I have dun
Thanks to Johnny Dart that noticed the lack of performance in a video I have on youtube

My little 170/6 runs great and I always thought it was doing great till I made the move and pulled the trigger on getting a distributor built and recurved by our member Johnny Dart Thank you sir

After driving Victoria a few miles around the house I knew that this recurve thing was a big time update, Frank (66aCUDA) always told me I needed to have it dun but I was happy with all the updates I have dun :glasses7:
Frank!! You was right brother, the Holley would not send the vacuum that was needed to my distributor to make the advance work properly
I can feel the little HP I have all the way threw the low end that I did not know I could have, now I need a rev limiter because when I see my tack hit 4.000 I have to be in a hurry to shift.......... O MY Goodness what a difference having the dizzy jump in when it should :cheers:
I drove 130 miles and it is ready to jump with out getting a run to pass some one, Victoria stands tall and keeps her nose up at a stab at 55 to 60 mph in third gear with may standard 3 speed on the tree :toothy9:
Another great move on my part :D and I should have listened to Frank (66aCUDA) a long time ago, Thank you Johnny Dart for the privet pm you and I shared and showing me the way my California friend
When she hits 2.600 rpm's she comes alive and the tach is on the move.
Yes my 170/6 see's 5.200 rpm and still pulling but that is my limit when I do push her, but normally never over 2.600, heck! I can run all around at 1.200 and she loves it... Thank you Johnny Dart, you sure made my girl come alive when I need her too :cheers: One day she will look as good as she runs :toothy9:

Attachments

• RECURVE Slant six J.D. 007.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 361
  • RECURVE Slant six J.D. 008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 381
  • RECURVE Slant six J.D. 020.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Blydville drive away cancer 096.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Blydville drive away cancer 050.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 361
Hey mike what specs did he curve the dizzy to? Are you still able to run 87 octane? Or do you gotta run premium?

Mikes distributor was designed to come in much quicker, than what he had.
We used a 73 electronic Chrys dist, I got all Mikes car specs, and then built it for him.As far as specs, each dist is set up differently. It all depends on the car.

Thanks Mike:)
Frank
Well hello brother :cheers: Yes I should have dun it when you told me to 8) Good to see your post this morning :cheers:

Hey mike what specs did he curve the dizzy to? Are you still able to run 87 octane? Or do you gotta run premium?
I have not a clue Matt, and all I run is 87 octane I have put premium in it before but that was when I raced it at George Rays drag strip 1/8 mile track.
My old 66 170/6 was victorious :cheers: 2013 champ, ran a Yukon, Chevy Suburban and a 68 Dart GT 225 /6 car and Victoria had a great day
I know 12:05 is not fast but it sure was fun :cheers:

I removed the heavy 14'' rallies up front and ran my little 13'' tires jacked up
to 35 lb's for less drag

Attachments

• My first win 2013 George Rays 056.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 223
  • George Ray's 2013 088.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 229
  • George Ray's 2013 039.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 230
  • George Ray's 2013 032.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 245
Cheers MeMike.......!!!!
Thanks again for the purchase of your distributor.
Im glad it woke Victoria up.
Track Champ...I like the sound of that. :cheers: :burnout:

Cheers MeMike.......!!!!
Thanks again for the purchase of your distributor.
Im glad it woke Victoria up.
Track Champ...I like the sound of that. :cheers: :burnout:

It was a great day Johnny, I had to learn to peddle it out of the hole after the first couple TNT runs, it will blow the tires off all the way threw the first 60' mark now, and I have to hit second softer or it just smokes the single (peg leg)
tire now :burnout: I had to race smart, and it may not be fast but my 170/6 can get out of it's way now, my best pass was a 12.05 that day in my granny 6 banger 3 on the tree :-D it kept me busy and :color:

I do not take used distributors in, I build my own, from remufactured distributors.Disstributors go for $180 shipped. Each distributor comes with a spec sheet.What you recieve is a like new, recurved electronic distributor.Tested on a car, bolt on and go.I have tested and tested with timming curves, and came up with this setup.These are much like the original Mopar Performance slant six distributors, with the quick advance, which are no longer available. By the time I add up parts, time, and labor, my profit is minimal.Just enjoy making these 6 bangers a little more enjoyable. :)
Anybody interested, send me a PM.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20140108_112202558.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 164
-
Back