Thanks Dave!

-

moper

Reaction score
So pretty much anybody who works on cars drops things now and again... I have a customer's car I'm working on and currently the 383 is getting a re-ring. Very low budget, and done because I discovered the previously running low mileage engine literally converted to a mouse's home. So - while handling the rod/pistons cleaning the grooves out and stuff, I dropped one. It broke off the lower edge of the skirt on the major thrust side. A boner move for sure - and a big problem given it's not mine, and I only have running 383s I didn;t want to tear into (and lose a rod on) just for this. So after going and teraing into a couple possible source engines, I was still screwed. I reached out to Dave - Davescuda here - from whom I've bought stuff and sold stuff too in the past. He ended up having one, and refused the money I offered when it was in my hand. Just gave it to me really taking care of me and allowing me to get out of the bind I put myself in. So I wanted to publicize it for him. He sells a lot here, and has bought a lot through here too. One of the straightest shooters you'll find and a "nice guy" to boot.
Thanks Dave!! I owe you one!

I think what we are seeing here is 2 class acts. Good on you Dave for doing what you didn't have to do, and I'll be looking your way next time I need something, and you too Moper for taking the time. These days people are so quick to complain and slow to praise. Makes me proud to be FABO.

Good on you Dave! Here's a note of appreciation from someone not even involved.
IMG_1202.JPG

DAVES A NEIGHBOR OF MINE, ALWAYS THERE FOR ME WHEN I NEED A PART OR ADVICE ON MY DUSTER.. I CAN SAY DAVE AND MOPER ARE STAND UP KNOWLEDGABLE GUYS AND IM FORTUNATE TO KNOW BOTH OF THESE GENTLEMEN, MOPER HAS PUT UP WITH MANY OF MY DUMB QUESTIONS DURING MY ENGINE BUILD AND HAS EVEN WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO ASSIST ME WITH MY CARS... BOTH CLASS GUYS.. TY

You're welcome and thanks for these kind words. Great guys & girls (friends) here, always offering help if I can.

Last edited:
I Have to say i have dealt with Dave a couple of times Too and he is definitely the MAN!!!He is very knowledgeable ,and has just about anything you could think of for an A-body and he does not bend you over just because its a Mopar like other people... especially when they are in trouble !!!

-
Back