Thanks Roy (@SGBARRACUDA)

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Roy (@SGBARRACUDA) was kind enough to give me a really good deal on this complete 7 1/4 sure grip with 3.90 gears. Perfect for Vixen. He told me and showed me pictures of the axle tubes that they were pitted pretty good. After having at it with the angle grinder with a wire brush on it, it cleaned up better than I thought. A LOT of it was caked on dirt and grease. It does have some pits, but it looks a lot better with wait for it........

.........Rustoleum gloss black. Kitty found a brand new quart at the Goodwill store in Gray not long ago for a cool $1.99. Yup I got a keeper alright. LOL

IMG_20210726_191905.jpg

7 1/4 sure grip?

Heard about em for 25 years. That's first I've seen in the flesh.

Man it did clean up nice. Glad your happy. I think that slant 6 is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Roy is in Rome now this afternoon/evening, RRR you have been busy!

He needs to come back through Tuscaloosa and look at my stash

7 1/4 sure grip?

Heard about em for 25 years. That's first I've seen in the flesh.

Yeah and it's a Dana Powerlock clutch type 4 pinion unit. Bout the strongest a 7 1/4 can get. It looks really clean too. I'll get it back together in the next few days. The axles and brakes were off but I'll get them all cleaned up too. Get it all back together and see what everything feels like. Axle bearings look and feel good. Looks like a good unit so far. Probably be all a slant 6 will need. That 3.90 should wake Vixen up purdy good. lol

Would that stand up to a slightly modified 318 (275-300HP)? Just curious.

I'm going to agreed with RRR that it will, with the caveat that this answer might depend on stall, trans setup, and tires.

Rear end is in and done. I gotta get 5 RH lug nuts tomorrow and then we can go drive it.

-
Back