Thanks to a few members

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, a bit of a long read but wanted to put this out there to say thanks to a few fabo members and a local mopar nut Dwight that helped me get a long awaited part to me.
Over 2 years ago(my lord!) George @A56 sold me a 69 cuda fender that I had been long searching for. When I bought it, George was in the NJ area, and I didnt think it would be too difficult to get it over the border. Lol, I was wrong....George ended up moving further south to NC and kept the fender "high n dry"for me while I tried to figure out logistics.
I bought a pair of nice 67 cuda fiberglass fenders from good friend Mike @2darts as they were a good deal, hard to find and i thought I would use them as "bait" to get my 69 fender home.
Ron @TheGrateRonzini tried to help as he is close to border, but it just didnt work out.
Eddie @barracudakid lives approx. 2 hours from George so he offered to pickup the steel fender and bring to Carlisle in exchange for the glass ones.
Now to find someone to take glass ones to Carlisle! (Welcome to my psychosis lol)
Terry @mccannix is a couple hours from me and was going to Carlisle but unfortunately no room to take fenders down.
Then I remembered a local Mopar nut about an hour from me Dwight that might be going. I take a drive to Dwight's Place. (Google it, very cool guy and shop)
I go visit Dwight Tuesday and ask the favor...."yep no problem, did you bring fenders with you?" Nope, of course not lol, why make it easy....I'll be back Wednesday with them. Dwight left for Carlisle Thursday morning, so just made it by skin of my teeth.
I finally was able to get down to Dwight's today and pickup the elusive 69 steel fender.
A thanks to everyone involved for helping me out, working with me and especially George who was beyond patient with me.
Dwight is well known in mopar world and FHO. Heres some pics of some cool rides at Dwight's Place I took.
Thanks again all, nice to finally come to the conclusion to this chapter lol.
Fender is in awesome condition too!
Thanks all!:canada::usflag::thumbsup:

20190723_095632.jpg

20190723_095623.jpg

20190723_095615.jpg

20190723_095548.jpg

20190723_095608.jpg

20190723_101157.jpg

20190723_095641.jpg

Cool! I love this site, guys (and yes some girls too!) helping each other out. Glad you got your fender!
Now I just need a reason to hang out at Dwight's place for a weekend after seeing those pics...

Awesome story! Where can we look at some more pictures of that '66 Coronet at?

Thanks Ron, sorry it didnt work out with you.
Heres a couple more pics from Dwight's. Hes friends with hemi engine builder Tim Banning. For Hemis Only.
Yay! Go Steve! Glad it finally made it’s way home!

Cool! I love this site, guys (and yes some girls too!) helping each other out. Glad you got your fender!
Now I just need a reason to hang out at Dwight's place for a weekend after seeing those pics...

20190708_144516.jpg

20190708_144531.jpg

20190708_144536.jpg

More George's patience then mine. If the fender was located within the confines of Canada I would have had it waaay back. Border caused the hurdles lol

Good for you! Your patience and persistence paid off...
I didnt check codes or anything Rob, but i did circle it drooling for a few minutes.
It was gorgeous. Quality cars at his place for sure!
That's one of them triple black Dusters ain't it? I like them things!

-
Back