Thankyou Barrett- Jackson!

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Right before BJ I kept seeing bargains on FB Marketplace, not now after BJ. I said thank you BJ, I need no more cars, I am car poor!!!! So I look at Craigslist today, which I gave up on months ago as everything being totally retarded, NOW it has switched, I found 6-8 I need BAD!!!!!!!
Good thing is they are all 4 hours away and more!!!! OK so that has never stopped me before! I am a sick, sick man.

Right before BJ I kept seeing bargains on FB Marketplace, not now after BJ. I said thank you BJ, I need no more cars, I am car poor!!!! So I look at Craigslist today, which I gave up on months ago as everything being totally retarded, NOW it has switched, I found 6-8 I need BAD!!!!!!!
Good thing is they are all 4 hours away and more!!!! OK so that has never stopped me before! I am a sick, sick man.
I only have 2 old ones but I need more. :rofl:

Everytime I see something I really want, for me to want it, it has to be priced right also, and it is 6 hrs away and sells before we have time to go look!
Toolmanmike you only have 2 old Mopars? Man, you need some MORE!!!!!! Sorta like horsepower, too much is never enough! You can never have too many old Mopars!!!!!
I lust after a decent and complete early B body again. Never any here in Tx worth the $ to me, then I see one it is in Ks or way up in Ok! It is funny how many old 40's, early 50's Mopar projects are for sale. I guess old farts like me are dying off or too old to want to build one. The early 60 B body stuff is mostly all found and restored. Or a striped parts hulk!
Next week BJ prices will probably hit CL too!!!!! ha

Yes Barret J has ruined the market place for sure when it come to cost. I am still friends with the barbar that used to cut my hair as a kid. He’s in his 80’s and loaded. Cut hair for fun- old school way. Shave and haircut like $5 back then I did not need the shave.
Anyhow he told me to watch the actions really carefully. Ever notice why is a LS shaped Chevy anything with painted bumpers commands $100k- they don’t. He buys and sells cars with the best. He showed me how they have trucks and trucks of the same cars going to all the auctions show after show. Bringing the dollars up... who Bennifits? They do as they make a percentage on sales. Now I’m not saying they are ALL fake mind you but just enough to tip the scales.

I can't find crap anywhere near Texas that isn't outrageously overpriced...not B-body, or even pre-74 A-body that doesn't need every part replaced PLUS metal work!
You're probably looking at the same cars I am.

One thing about watching auctions like BJ on TV, it rarely says whether that car is a "real" car, or clone. There is a big difference! AS to the quality of the resto!!
In my opinion, the bi car auctions are a dog and pony show, mainly for the wealthy. The people making the real $$ is the auction house. The high end car owner selling there, that is just part of their entrtainment.
I can remember back when the clone cars first appeared there. It could be pretty bad, if the camera showed the side view of a car and you saw the waves it had on your TV!!!
Cars for sale are generally two types, either the totally restored car nice to what ever degree, Or the complete project car!! Not too many in between.
Fact is I buy cars for my hobby and fun now, that back in the 80's, 90's, you would have to paid me to haul them home!! Back then a real 340 A body had a limited appeal and market.

-
Back