That modern look....

-
Throw me a ladder to jump on this wagon! I love the modern look and performance that is a "Pro-touring" ride.
I plan to run at least 17s on the Valiant eventually. Probably wont dump huge amounts into a K-member swap as its just a car I wanna drive as much as possible and enjoy the hell out of with out dropping serious $$$ into. I may do a Watts link and maybe swap to a better torsion bar, but otherwise just drive it like crazy!

Young Gun..... Absolutly correct.. All about proportions. I see too many of the larger wheels with rear tires that are too low of a profile and with just a bit more sidewall the cars would look soooooo much better.

Pauly.... As usual man.... Your latest wheel selection is right on point! I dig it man. What are they?

I might have been to harsh on the Red ragtops proportion, guilty as charged. IMO 15's have their place on any musclecar especially one that needs the traction of a DR or slick. That old school look will never get old. I got really bored with running high 11's at the track and decided I wanted more out of my car than just 1/4 mile blasts. So my car has evolved into more of a Triathlon athlete instead of a sprinter. And really good brakes dont fit under 15" wheels unless you have alot of $$$$. SO 18's get the nod.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 679
  • 5328_1090779150172_1247293674_30223532_6349312_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 625
A picture of your car is in the screen saver slide show on my work computer.

Is this enough meat for some of you. working on measure up my new tire package.

Attachments

• 20140703_092436.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 643
  • 20140703_092815.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 640
i love the look, i want to run 18's in the nose and 20x10 with 315 in the *** of my swinger, it will have the rms suspension all the way round

Why not run 18 " front and rear. Then you can run slightly larger ratio or width rear tire and keep the typical look of bit more sidewall on rear.

Personally if I were building a car for road touring action and were purchasing new tires / new or used rims, I'd run same size front and rear so I could rotate. Then deal with offsets with spacers rather than staggered wheel stuff. Considering the cost of fancy tires, might as well rotate them... uhhh maybe.

I like both styles.. pro street look and pro touring.. hell I.might by 2 sets of wheels so I can do both.. lol

Finally got my new fronts mounted and balanced after being on backorder, Rears just got shipped out and should arrive tomorrow. I also decided to remove the wheel moldings. I think it cleans the car up a little.

Attachments

• 20140703_090830.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 20140711_230106.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 523
  • 20140711_230118.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 494
Finally got my new fronts mounted and balanced after being on backorder, Rears just got shipped out and should arrive tomorrow. I also decided to remove the wheel moldings. I think it cleans the car up a little.

Why are the pictures so far away? :D What are the specs on your wheels, tires, and suspension?

love the look.. and the great thing is that it is so incredibly easy to switch back if you want to sell it or want to roll classic style

I'm waiting for my brake kit to come in so I can install the axles in my brand new 8 3/4, install my Hotchkis TVS, and get some 18" wheels made so I can finally have the modern look and performance. The wait is killing me...

Why are the pictures so far away? :D What are the specs on your wheels, tires, and suspension?

I got tired of the 18"s that were on it for the last 10years. time for a new look. I really want some new Welds but wasnt willing to pay for them. LOL

Went with Racestar rims.
Fronts are 17x4.5 1.75BS -25mmOffset wit a M/T 28x6 sportsman S/Rs pisture below is not ride height, that just off the jack. It would settle another 2-3inches if I rolled it a little. The front tires are usaully even with or slightly tucked in the fender.

Rears are 15x8 5.2 BS 19mm offset with 275/60/15 tires in the pictures a few post above, They just arrived today. get one mounted in the morning and see what needs to be massaged to make them fit.

suspension is SSBC 4piston brake kit up front moser axles out back 4.5" bolt pattern. Hemi torsion bars taken nearly all the way out, front and rear Addco swaybars, factory leafs, Caltrac bars, rear air shocks.

Below is also a 20" drift wheel I was considering for the rear and 18 for the front but passed on because I wasnt happy with the offset/backspace options.

Attachments

• 20140711_230132.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 486
  • 20140625_225057.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 463
Am I the only one that likes this look? I know some of you purists may hate the idea but I think its really growing on me!

That demon has kept me from letting go of my car so many times. All i have to do is watch that autocross video and my motivation is restored.

As it sits, minus it now having wheel spacers in the back. Currently on hold until i spring for coilover suspension:

The modern look is a great look for some vehicles and out of place on others. My favorite modern wheel/car combo.

I personally like the look of more tire and less wheel and have never gone larger than 17" on any of my vehicles. Sometimes you have no choice but to upgrade to a larger wheel just to make big brake kits fit. If your going for a stock look then nothing beats a stock style rim IMO.

I like the modern look, really depends on how it fits that car though. I'm finishing up going to bbp discs/8.25 rear on my wagon and I am using a set of 17x8 mustang cobra wheels with 245/45r17 Pirelli p6's all around.

Attachments

• CAM00680.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 419
  • CAM00716.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 436
I am a fan of ALL looks if done right! I would have NO problem putting modern brakes and wheels on my 68 as long as it looked as badass as some of the cars in this post!

I am a fan of ALL looks if done right! I would have NO problem putting modern brakes and wheels on my 68 as long as it looked as badass as some of the cars in this post!

Maybe you can get a reference to mine when I'm done. My brakes I ordered should be here Tuesday. Then it may take me a 3-4 weeks to install my 8 3/4, TVS, and brakes before I can hunt for wheel options. :D

The "modern look" has really won me over in the last year. This is the stance I hope to emulate with my '67 Dart (20x12 rear & 19x10 front):

Attachments

• 7350081948_4d01687f16_z.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 393
The "modern look" has really won me over in the last year. This is the stance I hope to emulate with my '67 Dart (20x12 rear & 19x10 front):

Came across this looking for some wheels

While those cars look awesome, you won't be able to get to that ride height on an A-body without airbags (which requires a coilover front suspension swap). In fact, I'd bet both of those cars have airbags and are in their "lowered" position, since neither appears to be able to clear a 2x4 without bottoming out, or turn the front wheels without hitting the fenders.

Same deal with the '71 Demon on Popular Hot Rodding that everyone loves (myself included, its definitely one of the inspirations for my Duster). This picture is awesome, but look closely at where the alterkation K member sits in the front. It's not even close to driveable at that ride height, and in fact is lowered on airbags. Which is fine if that's what you want to do, but just realize you can't get there with a torsion bar suspension and still be able to drive your car.

0912phr_25_o%2B20_affordable_project_cars%2Bdodge_dart.jpg

While those cars look awesome, you won't be able to get to that ride height on an A-body without airbags (which requires a coilover front suspension swap). In fact, I'd bet both of those cars have airbags and are in their "lowered" position, since neither appears to be able to clear a 2x4 without bottoming out, or turn the front wheels without hitting the fenders.

Same deal with the '71 Demon on Popular Hot Rodding that everyone loves (myself included, its definitely one of the inspirations for my Duster). This picture is awesome, but look closely at where the alterkation K member sits in the front. It's not even close to driveable at that ride height, and in fact is lowered on airbags. Which is fine if that's what you want to do, but just realize you can't get there with a torsion bar suspension and still be able to drive your car.

As far as I know... Both cars are bagged. That Challenger is fairly local and hangs out with the import crowd a bit.

-
Back