That new Mopalet 383 intake manifold

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Some new Stellantis engine, I guess.........

manifold.jpg

I don't get your heading?
Obviously it's a small block intake, but incorrectly described as a big block one.

Some Dumbass had a 383/350 intake , then asked Bubba " what's a 383 from" Bubba replies "that's a Darn Plymouth"..." what's a Plymouth, Pa?" One o them Mopars, don't mess with them son, they'll pack yer lunch!"

I don't get your heading?
Obviously it's a small block intake, but incorrectly described as a big block one.
It is not a Mopar intake I've ever seen. SB has no distributor hole. It's likely a Chev

That's funny. Most Chevy guys wouldn't know a real 383 if it fell on their big toe.

I thought the 360 mopar small block shared the same stroke with the 383 big block @ 3.58” vs the 340 @ 3.31. Could be wrong been that way many times before

Half the search results for 383 and/or 400 parts comes back with Chevy parts.
Tell ya another little "glitch" and I actually got into an argument with an IHC "expert" over this. A quote from Wiki:

(They are referring here to the AMC 401...............)"This engine was also supplied to International Harvester for use as an optional engine in International's Light Line pickup trucks and Travelalls from late 1973 through 1974 where it was designated 'V-400' to differentiate it from IHC's own V/LV series 401."

Now, what was the glitch? Some mechanics would raise the hood of an IHC and say, "I know what THAT is, THAT is an AMC 401, and they'd come down and order parts for a 401. BUT THE PARTS CATALOGS showed the AMC as a 400 (when looking up IHC) as the article says, to differentiate from the "in house" IHC 401, and so I'd sell them parts for what they asked for--an IHC 401. AND THEY WOULD NOT FIT!!!!

-
Back