That was a big fat fail

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
So I have been having an issue with people coming into my yard and opening car hoods and getting into cars without permission.

Its happened twice that I'm aware of and one time someone left the hood open to a fury, leaving the 383 exposed to the elements.
Another guy shopped around the yard and when I saw him, he asked me if the car he wanted is for sale. I'm like really, you have the nerve to ask if it's for sale when I just caught you red handed in my yard.

So I'm thinking of ways to lock cars down and I had the idea of preventing engine compartment theft or tampering by locking the hood with a bicycle cable lock.

Whhhaaa whaaa waaaaa FAIL.

I locked the hood of my demon down with the cable lock and with all my might tried to force it open, because odds are anyone trying to open the hood would probably be a huge *** dude with a **** load more strength than me.

The cable lock busted, even with my strength.

FAIL.

I'm probably going to have to stop being cheap and get some good chain and padlocks.....a few of them, and get more restrictive who is in and out of the yard.

20210930_221202.jpg

20210930_221230.jpg

20210930_221237.jpg

That kinda sucked. Move to a better neighborhood.

Even if you had cameras and caught someone red-handed the police are most likely hamstrung & wouldn't be much help. I'd suggest a fence, it's alot cheaper than rrr's option lol. That crap needs to be stopped, to bad you can't put bear traps around as a serious stopper. Good luck.

Put some old junked out Chevys across the street.

Make friends with someone that has a crusher and a recycling yard.

Keep a junker Chevy in yard. Y'know, like a nova....

Buy a gun on the black market.

Rinse, repeat.

Partner up with any of the lonely unemployed guys on this site and let them watch your place while you're away at work!

1 laff.jpg

It is a good neighborhood, these are not some random hoodlums pilfering a random yard. These are mopar guys who want to see what they have heard about.

The guy I caught fits the description of someone a lot people i know, also know. Somewhere along the line someone was here and he went and ran the mouth and now they want to see.

Game cam in a tree. 180 degree motion light and any dog big or small. You can always ask local police for extra patrols. I have used chain before wrapped around the hood and under wheel well. Total PIB when you want to open your hood.

Even if you had cameras and caught someone red-handed the police are most likely hamstrung & wouldn't be much help. I'd suggest a fence, it's alot cheaper than rrr's option lol. That crap needs to be stopped, to bad you can't put bear traps around as a serious stopper. Good luck.
There is barbed wire fence all around the entire property, I can see where they are jumping over

Guard dogs are one of the most effective security measures for any type of property as they act as a great deterrent for anyone looking to incite violence or steal. ... Research has shown that on average, over 65% of criminals are unlikely to attempt breaking and entering a property if they know there are guard dogs.

upload_2021-10-1_1-58-51.jpeg

upload_2021-10-1_1-55-51.jpeg

Guard dogs are one of the most effective security measures for any type of property as they act as a great deterrent for anyone looking to incite violence or steal. ... Research has shown that on average, over 65% of criminals are unlikely to attempt breaking and entering a property if they know there are guard dogs.

View attachment 1715799068

View attachment 1715799067

chain link and these ^^^^^^^^^^^^

View attachment 1715799068

View attachment 1715799067
Dogs no match for a can of this...a few seconds they are out cold....

Screenshot_20211001-214530_Chrome.jpg

Good fence/gate sign says trespassers could be SHOT!
A Mopar neighbor found a wrecker that had just hooked to his pickup. He has a good fence and gate and angry dog.
There are stupid people, there are crooks, and then there are idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would use one of these to close the hoods on my cars

upload_2021-10-1_9-28-50.png

best part, is, they give them away for free (or is it free with purchase?)

-
Back