The $30 Engine Flush.

-

seabee

Reaction score
I found a great way to flush your engine this morning and for only $30!

1. Buy the Synthetic, Zinc Formulated, Engine Oil at $8 a Pop.
2. Drain Oil.
3. Replace filter
4. Refill Oil.
5. Stop refilling half way through quart #4 and put drain plug back in.
6. Yell at dog for being good for nothing.

:banghead:

Dang it! Its that cheap and easy? and ALL this time I've been paying someone.

I've done it a quicker way by being in a rush & forgetting to intall the new oil filter. Get reminded real quick when you don't see the oil light go out & then you hear the gushing sound. Always happens with synthetic- never the cheaper stuff & always when the customer is waiting. DOH!!.. Need to get a dog at work.

Sitting in her usual spot with a clear line of sight to the clear, fresh oil pouring straight out the drain and not a single bark, whine, or whimper. Useless.
827334A9-6C8A-4E38-BE8C-973C4F717157-547-00000133D1F7479D.jpg

Just FYI...

Step 5 is SUPPOSED to come before STEP 4.....

The dog didn't say anything because someone cut her tail off... She's getting even...

Aw, heck, one of my Navy Chiefs invented this a LONG time ago, 'bout 1970

We had a Chief at the GCA unit who couldn't run a screwdriver. Really. One afternoon after work he shows up, '67 Chiv asks me about changing the oil. We had permission to do light car work at the shop, a jack, etc.

So I says, "Well crawl under there and find the drain plug, take it out and let all the oil fall out."

Now Chivvy automatics back then did not GENERALLY have drain plugs. Unless someone PUT one there.

So pretty soon he asked me about the filter, and I told him, and off he goes.

THEN he comes back and says "The car won't move."

I take one look at the red/ brown stuff in the drain pan.

Yup. Drained the transmission, then put 5 quarts of NEW oil right on top of the OLD oil!!!!

Aw, heck, one of my Navy Chiefs invented this a LONG time ago, 'bout 1970

We had a Chief at the GCA unit who couldn't run a screwdriver. Really. One afternoon after work he shows up, '67 Chiv asks me about changing the oil. We had permission to do light car work at the shop, a jack, etc.

So I says, "Well crawl under there and find the drain plug, take it out and let all the oil fall out."

Now Chivvy automatics back then did not GENERALLY have drain plugs. Unless someone PUT one there.

So pretty soon he asked me about the filter, and I told him, and off he goes.

THEN he comes back and says "The car won't move."

I take one look at the red/ brown stuff in the drain pan.

Yup. Drained the transmission, then put 5 quarts of NEW oil right on top of the OLD oil!!!!

Lol. You can't expect a CPO to use their hands for things since one hand has a perma-grip on a coffee mug and the other is in their pocket jiggling whatever it is CPOs keep in that mystery pocket.

A buddy of mine decided to do some maintenance on one of our humvees in Iraq. He saw that coolant was a little low so he poured in about three liters of water.... into the oil filler neck!

We had to tow it to second echelon maintenance for the engine to be swapped. The captain was not happy

-
Back