the 340 is alive again

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
after a long wait the 340 is alive again, to make a long story short every time i leave parts to someone else to get something done it takes to much time..

the 340 now has 11.9:1compresion (if my math is right) with a set of edelbrock performer rpm340 cylinderheads realy nicely ported and they flow lots of air, new small solid roller cam its a compcams 242/248@.050 and .570/.576" lift and my old wornout shortblock but beefed up with some new H profile eagle rods, its realy sad that the bores are so worn.. old stripdominator intake manifold and a new proform 750 carb ´

this thing idles at about 800-850rpms and is superstrong all the way up to 7000rpm and is real crisp
just cant get the smile of my face right now:-D

I know what you mean about 'can't get the smile off your face'......when I put the aluminum heads on my 340, it was like a different car!!
I'm guessing that the picture you have of the engine is a previous engine or are you leaving everyone to a surprise cause it says 318 on the airbreather?
Keep smiling!!
Greg

need to get a new picture i think will fix that tomorrow..
got that sticker for the aircleaner when i still had a 318 but i kind of like the look of it so i think i will keep it just to anoy alot of people that cant prove that its bigger..

now its dead again, car started making rattling noises today on my way to work had to leave the car over the day will go back with a floorjack and some stands as soon as a budy of mine can pick me up to have a look think i have broken a flexplate or a converterbolt may have come loose:( o well hope its nothing worse, have bought the hardest locktight i could find and hope its just a bolt...

There seems to be times like that!?!?!?
Hope you get her going again without too much trouble
or expense.
Good Luck!!!!
Greg

got the car home started working on it outside my garage with a friend and hade the transmission back in under the car at 2.00 in the night went in for some sleep woke up early saturdaymorning to take some testrides before taking a 1½ hour drive to a carshow then the alternator died, and its not the first one.... went to the carshow and got realy drunk insted.., will put in a chebby one wire internaly regulated alternator on monday i have given up on ever getting that stock chargingsystem working..

-
Back