The cost of building materials are still high so ...

-
Oh hell No.... where are You Located? I'll build it, and it WILL be done Correctly and up to Code. Code here is probably more intense.... hurricanes, uplift, ect.... do you have a set of prints? I can give you a take off on the materials?

Oh hell No.... where are You Located? I'll build it, and it WILL be done Correctly and up to Code. Code here is probably more intense.... hurricanes, uplift, ect.... do you have a set of prints? I can give you a take off on the materials?
Are you using steel framing? Etc…

Are you using steel framing? Etc…
Whatever is Spec. For the Location. I've done LOTS of Structural Steel and Non Structural Metal Stud Framing, but framed my first house in 89 outta wood, ( and Many others) with an engineered truss pack. I work with a supplier/ manufacturer that forms metal sheathing here for metal roofs, and siding also.

Last edited:
Whatever is Spec. For the Location. I've done LOTS of Structural Steel and Non Structural Metal Stud Framing, but framed my first house in 89 outta wood, ( and Many others) with an engineered truss pack.
The “hell no” thing to wood kind of tipped me off to thinking steel is the way to go. I sure as heck don’t know but would like to add on myself.

The “hell no” thing to wood kind of tipped me off to thinking steel is the way to go. I sure as heck don’t know but would like to add on myself.
Yessir, the price, of an unfinished garage, that size, out of wood ( least inexpensive method) is nuts. Even in this economy. And honestly, we child get a metal kit and built it on site for Way less than that. Part of that depends on how you want to do the actual frame behind the metal though.... A lot of guys that do that will probably send out a crew and they'll probably never touch your actual project. I'm all in when I do one. We're a small crew..

no prints ive had several guys come and look and say they will give me a quote but never do Here is what want my garage is 16 x 30 i do body and paint in the same bay thats not good i want to ad on to the back to make it a paint booth. its going to have a garage door in between the two bays so when im done with the body work i can push it into the booth no other doors , windows no wiring insulation nothing im going to do all the inside finish work the ground need to be leveled alittle for the floor i can do all that and frame it out i just need the floor poured and the building put up

I was tripping on the size thing. The deal is for what those are worth it to Recycling yard you could buy two to three concrete blocks with every one of them.....actually more than that ,depending on Weight. I think last 12 volt battery I scrapped I got seven bucks for. Maybe 10
I didn't even think about that exchange rate between cinder blocks and batteries. Great point!!

The house my family homesteaded Eastern Colorado in is made of sod. Layer upon layer of mother Earth. It's still standing but dilapidated, you can see it from I70 outside Genoa Colorado. Three generations lived in it.

My grandma wanted a window so my grandpa made one, and the grass on the pieces he removed started growing again when he laid em in the yard, after being in the wall for decades.

Maybe it has a license plate roof.
View attachment 1716004784
This maybe a recent picture but I have seen this done on an old garage built back in the 20s.

Alan
My Grampa’s shop was sheeted on the north and west walls with old license plates. When he passed my 3 uncles and my dad pulled all of them down. Lots of them really old still have a good collection in a box somewhere. Maybe I should nail them up on a shed

I didn't even think about that exchange rate between cinder blocks and batteries. Great point!!
FYI they haven’t made a cinder block since the last steam powered train. They now use hydite fired clay powder for light weight block and gravel for regular weight block. They all make your back ache

1667591968385.jpeg

“Hey you guys!”
I’ve been living in a building made of old lead core batteries for years with no ill effects.

Last edited:
no prints ive had several guys come and look and say they will give me a quote but never do Here is what want my garage is 16 x 30 i do body and paint in the same bay thats not good i want to ad on to the back to make it a paint booth. its going to have a garage door in between the two bays so when im done with the body work i can push it into the booth no other doors , windows no wiring insulation nothing im going to do all the inside finish work the ground need to be leveled alittle for the floor i can do all that and frame it out i just need the floor poured and the building put up
That's an Insane Number Brother. How close to Florida are You?

Last edited:
If anyone is in my area .. I need some Carpenter work done (South East ) South Dakota
Tampa Bay. I have over 10 grand in tools and over 33 years in. My fiance is a Master Painter, and I've been training her in general stuff for 2 years, she's actually good. .. you're a Iittle far away though. How big of a project do you have? I'd love to Help, but the Logistics are tuff!

-
Back