The Dart has a new home!

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
Well, my 70 Dart build has been on hold for over a year, and it had to be moved out of my buddies shop. It was placed outside, out in the country, under a tarp, on the dirt for a year...So, seeing it all messed up, and dusty and weathered, I finally was able to convince my girlfriend to let me store it in her garage! Now that it's closer to me, I am able to work on it much more easily, and don't have to stress that it was just deteriorating outside. :)

20koopw.jpg

mhx0ck.jpg

Cozy new home. It's a sick feeling when you know your car is sitting in bad conditions, I know you feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Cozy new home. It's a sick feeling when you know your car is sitting in bad conditions, I know you feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

Wait until the girlfriend sees how much time and love he puts into the car, the pressure is only beginning. :D

Let's hope the relationship continues to go smooth. A woman scorned is not a good thing for a project car.

Let's hope the relationship continues to go smooth. A woman scorned is not a good thing for a project car.
And this is the truth. Would be interesting to do a poll on how many of us had the lady in our life have an issue with our hobby....

And this is the truth. Would be interesting to do a poll on how many of us had the lady in our life have an issue with our hobby....

No kidding man. Unless she is on her way to being my wife there is no way I would trust my baby left to the devices of my girlfriend.

Well it is a good litmus test of a relationship, if either party tries to interfere with the other's interests and hobbies, it is not good. But for all we know this lady understands this.

I have faith that this is a good thing and I am glad to see his Dart build in,
and out of the harsh environments it was in.
It looks like there has been allot of good work dun
and it would bother me to no end if it was mine and outside
Wine and dine her mopardude318, and enjoy the garage =D>
I bet mopardude318 will help her keep the yard mowed
and spend as much time with her as he does the dart :smilebox:
This would be a win win for the two of them and a big plus for that great dart =D>

But the first sign of a thorn get it out of there :happy8: JJ. Hope it works out =D>

That baby has some negative camber in it!

for sure!! but, not done, just put it together so im able to roll it around. lol ill get an alignment when its ready to drive!

yes! i was stressing about it all the time, when it rained, flooded, and super hot days just beating the heck out of it. i feel much better that it's finally safe in a garage. :)

Wait until the girlfriend sees how much time and love he puts into the car, the pressure is only beginning. :D

No kidding man. Unless she is on her way to being my wife there is no way I would trust my baby left to the devices of my girlfriend.

Well it is a good litmus test of a relationship, if either party tries to interfere with the other's interests and hobbies, it is not good. But for all we know this lady understands this.

Don't worry guys! she is an amazing woman and also loves to work on cars! her father is a car guy and she grew up going to swap meets! she has no problem going to them with me! she wants it done already so she can drive it! i trust her, she's better at a manual tranny than i am haha!

I have faith that this is a good thing and I am glad to see his Dart build in,
and out of the harsh environments it was in.
It looks like there has been allot of good work dun
and it would bother me to no end if it was mine and outside
Wine and dine her mopardude318, and enjoy the garage =D>
I bet mopardude318 will help her keep the yard mowed
and spend as much time with her as he does the dart :smilebox:
This would be a win win for the two of them and a big plus for that great dart =D>

But the first sign of a thorn get it out of there :happy8: JJ. Hope it works out =D>

hey there memike! thanks for your kind and understanding comments! yes, its a great thing she's allowing it in her garage! yea, a whole lotta work and money went into this thing, was driving me insane seeing it out there. and yes, i do take great care of my woman! mowing the lawn, doing the dishes, laundry, setting up a canopy and lawn furniture in the back yard, and fixing the leaking faucets are all standard operating procedures around here! gotta keep her happy, she's 8 months pregnant!!!!!!! :):):):):):):D:D:D:D

I love your girlfriend already. Does she have any sisters? Preferably ones that like fat, old grey haired men?

hahaha!! no she's the only girl in the family. 1 younger and 1 older brother. :)

Haha this lady has no issues, I'm working on my own! 69 dart gt! now if i can just find where to start a new thread for some questions....

Better post some pictures of her and the little one when the arrival day comes.

-
Back