The Dart Swinger makes the list!

-
Did the link work? It doesn't direct me to the page for some reason..

Here is what it says. (With a picture of someone's 1970 sublime green Swinger beside this writeup)

To finish with is the Dodge Dart Swinger. The name speaks for itself, really. The name either suggests something with sexual connotations or it suggests something violent, like dodging a dart by swinging away from it. Aside from this, the car is compact, thus not appropriate for a man who wants to conspicuously purchase a vehicle to reflect his progress in life. Then again, it is not appropriate for most people, as for the last years of its existence on the market, the car was later ‘improved’ as the company recognised its low sales. The Dart had a two-door coupe now, making this ‘superior man’ image fail even more, let alone anybody else.

The second reader's comment on his assesment of the Dart was kinda straight forward. :-D

That guy obviously never heard of a Lada or a Fiat or a multitude of other pieces of junk that have been on the market.

Jack

I loved my old 70 Dart Swinger 318....

It had heater only, p/s, manual brakes, 8 3/4 axle with 2.76 open gears. However the original window sticker for the car did not show the 8 3/4 which I do not think was ever replaced (It still had the "flared" rear drums).

Fun to drive, reliable, until the frame rotted where the left leaf spring attached in the front...

I was going to "retire" the car that weekend, when on my way home from work, some stupid beyotch in a Ford Explorer tried to make a left turn from 2 lanes over (there was a semi in the turn around) and had my lane blocked and I tried to stop, but ended up sliding sideways into her. My passenger side took out her whole left side (she couldn't open her driver's door).

She tried to blame it on me. I patiently waited for her to tell the cop her story while sitting on my hood (I couldn't sit inside my car as the passenger side glass shattered all over the seat). Then when it was my turn, I walked the cop over to my skid marks showing him that they were in the left lane of traffic, and then the "dog leg" in the skid marks where I bounced off her and then went to the side. He said that she was lying to get out of the ticket, then wrote her a ticket.

Yes, my old 70 Dart Swinger, it went out with a bang....

In the top five worst cars.... Harumph.....

What a re-re...infidel...ignorant moron...has not a f'ing clue...how about the vega or the pinto? Darts..it's what ate his breakfast..laughable...

they are the biggest POS Chrysler ever made! I think anyone that owns one should send them to me so I can dispose of them properly! =)

Dodge as a status symbol...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KnvrBmhUmE"]Dodge as a Status Symbol - YouTube[/ame]

I love the last comment by David Post!
"F**k you the Dodge Dart Swinger is beautiful"
lol

-
Back