The Early A Gang!! M.M.W.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
On my first trip to Monster MoPar Weekend I met so many FABO members.
Small Block made this trip possible for me and Treva to enjoy.
I can't wait for next year to come around :toothy10:

I think there will be a Gang of early A bodies there.
Badawg and now Vic Storm have there 66 barracuda's.
And we all have met Victoria, Also a 66.
I know its a long time before the M.M.W for next year, but who can
possibly be there next year with an Early A body.
I will go first and say that I will have my 2.43 8 3/4 rear end in yes Posi and
the correct color gold back on by then, and possibly the intake and carb.
My 1966 valiant and parts and 66aCuda will keep me straight on the head
work and and cam to my exhaust:thumbrig: .

Jump on in and show us your early A's and join in on the Earl A Gang.:happy6:

:worthles:

cook and fish 893.jpg

cook and fish 913.jpg

cook and fish 908.jpg

car show 154.jpg

FABO rear 015.jpg

FABO rear 017.jpg

car show 119.jpg

MEMIKE!!!!!

I see you're there with your 2 "nieces".............:toothy10:

What would Victoria say?

(That intake and carb there in your tool box...? Send them to: 34935 Fun Way, Z-Hills.........!!)

Victoria like's seeing me smile.:-D and she has been doing a good job at it too
And my nieces would put them two young girls to shame , Truly:angel9:

Excellent thread Mike :-D I cant wait either. Im really targeting having mine done by springtime. All thats left to do is finishing blasting the engine bay and get that painted. Drop the 440/727/8.75 in. Paint the hood, get the wide side stripe sprayed on. And completely redo the interior. Not much huh? lol So maybe we can have a little "Early-A Gang" get together at Carlisle also. Anyways, here are some pics (same ones from when I first got the car since all the work Ive done since has been under the car)

cuda6a.JPG

cuda7a.JPG

cuda4a.JPG

cuda3a.JPG

OOOH yea =D>:blob: That blue sure gives that 66 body line's popping

the wide side stripe ? Is that the one that goes from bumper to bumper
across the top,:drinkers: Just jokeing hehe
What color are you going with on the stipe ?

Thats my first time to see your car :-k I need to go to the GALLERY's
more often.:-D

I always wanted to be in a gang but im not nice enough. I got an early a a 64 dart i hope to get in to s/b race trim ,would a 69 baccaruda be an early a? I could ride with the wifey. mines a 72 rust bucket and a 66 b body so my best chance is joining the gang with her if 69 is an early a. Of course theres no telling what I may buy trade or steal by then.lol

Thanks Mike. I really liked the color with all of the chrome the 66's have. And all that chrome just gives me another reason to add those nice shiny sidepipes that are still in the box under my bed :-D Im going chracoal grey with the side stripes, and Im masking off "440" at the rear of the quarters so it comes through in the blue. I had been SERIOUSLY considering doing the hood and side stripes in blackout. Who knows, I might change before the time comes, but Im almost positive it will be the dark grey. Im going for this look except the white in the pic will be grey on mine.

cudapaint.jpg

I always wanted to be in a gang but im not nice enough. I got an early a a 64 dart i hope to get in to s/b race trim ,would a 69 baccaruda be an early a? I could ride with the wifey. mines a 72 rust bucket and a 66 b body so my best chance is joining the gang with her if 69 is an early a. Of course theres no telling what I may buy trade or steal by then.lol

I will have to look that up :-k This will be my first too.
I think 66 would be the last of the early A's but I am not sure.:-k
Heck we may need a leader, I am new at this Gang Thang and
your 64 dart will get you in and we will need a Chief :cheers:

lol Daredevil. You know that you are always welcome. You can have "honorary member" status with the 69 but the 64 makes you official! :-D

Thanks Mike. I really liked the color with all of the chrome the 66's have. And all that chrome just gives me another reason to add those nice shiny sidepipes that are still in the box under my bed :-D Im going chracoal grey with the side stripes, and Im masking off "440" at the rear of the quarters so it comes through in the blue. I had been SERIOUSLY considering doing the hood and side stripes in blackout. Who knows, I might change before the time comes, but Im almost positive it will be the dark grey. Im going for this look except the white in the pic will be grey on mine.

Oh yea!!! :cheers: that will be very nice.:thumbrig:
But just for know:-k I am thinking your blue will look sharp on the hood.
But :drinkers: I know what you mean about when the time comes.:happy10:

I will have to look that up :-k This will be my first too.
I think 66 would be the last of the early A's but I am not sure.:-k
Heck we may need a leader, I am new at this Gang Thang and
your 64 dart will get you in and we will need a Chief :cheers:

I just told the old lady she can be the chiefs squaw. lol

well i dont know how to putpix on there so you can look at my member photo thing i got 12 pix in there i think.

I sure like your 68 :thumbrig:and looks like a great driver and project.
I bet you are a Miller man aren't you.:thumbrig: :drinkers:

Hey DD. I say we use that menacing picture from your avatar as the gang logo! Maybe add a slogan? Hows "Dont make me get up!!" sound to go along with the pic :toothy10:

I sure like your 68 :thumbrig:and looks like a great driver and project.
I bet you are a Miller man aren't you.:thumbrig: :drinkers:

lol you seen the over flow.....

no i am a pbr /stag man . but some one had miller one night when we were redoing the points . lol . and thanx . i got a lot of the body cleaned up but there is a lot more to go .

Early or late, bring it and join the crowd, the more the merrier heh!!!Small Blk and I will be bringing a "Gaggle" of cars next year, unless some of them sell between now and then. Next year there will also be some track time involved if I have anything to do with it!!!

I was this close to cutting my rear fenders to match this race cars outline. I had the tape on and the pattern traced and the sawzall out until I saw that the body contour of the original fenderwell lip would have to be cut off completely to keep a flush cut and that would make the wheel well longer, I chickened out. add to the fact that the cars paint is very nice and I have nice WW moldings too, maybe some day. I would have to reallt stiffen the rear springs to keep the tire from slicing if I ever hit a nasty dip in the road.

Early or late, bring it and join the crowd, the more the merrier heh!!!Small Blk and I will be bringing a "Gaggle" of cars next year, unless some of them sell between now and then. Next year there will also be some track time involved if I have anything to do with it!!!

Yep !! we will need to take care of that next year and give Small Block a free pass in his black duster:cheers:
I will try and be more help next year Vic.:-D

-
Back