the eye symbol next to each thread i post

-

James Camp

no mopar
Reaction score
what is the eye symbol next to all my post, i notice i am the only one that has it, is it because i'm a new member ?

The eye means you have replied to the thread or are "subscribed" to it...

i posted a bunch of left over ac parts from a 1975 dart build and ever part i posted has the eye beside it, looked through all post people had made for 3 or 4 months and mine is the only post that has the eye, didn't know if it's because i was new to the site , because mine is the only post that has the eye next to it, kinda feel like big brother is watching...lol

i don't understand what you mean subscribed to it,, i went to forums, then for sale, put in info, and photo , and have it for sale,was there something else i should have done to keep from showing subscribed

If you start any thread OR post to a thread, you are automatically subscribed to it. It's nothing to worry about & we all see the eyes on our own threads....:)

You will see the eye or anyone that posts to the same thread will see the eye.

ok, so i didn't wan't to post in the wrong place, i put some parts for a 86 ramcharger in other stuff, and got a message they moved them to mechanical parts, it being a bodies only site was reason i posted them where i did,,so as long as i'm not screwing up the site, i'm ok with it if staff members are,,,Thanks

These threads are also referred to as "watched" threads. At top of each watched thread there is an option to "unwatch thread" (and vice versa). Clicking on that will get rid of the eye ball, and you wont get any future notifications from that thread.

You can also choose to "unwatch" threads by going in to the "watched threads" menu option in the header of each page.

Upper right of your screen hover over your user name>a box will pop up> select preferences>DE-select (uncheck) these:
  • Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
    • and receive email notifications of replies

Click save changes at the bottom.

I got rid of the eye,so big brother isn't watching after all, Thanks to all you guys , i may figure out how to use a computer in another life....lol,,,,,Thanks

-
Back