Car Nut

Mopar Master
Reaction score
The eDart: My 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger electric conversion - Charged EVs

87AC55CD-D911-4C83-94A4-23D98F5A2F77.jpeg
4E3A23C5-2295-44C3-9915-B479D6479EF4.jpeg
2F0E7BAE-6C79-4963-B50B-B5DE74066410.jpeg
73523D0B-6B7B-4354-8799-97D97C7ED71B.png

It's funny he names individual parts of the RMS front suspension but doesn't give them credit for the tubular front end. I find it unreasonable to only get 100 miles on the charge. I wonder if upgrading the batteries would increase mileage and lower weight. I know tesla and prius battery packs are highly used in the aftermarket now.

I was hoping to do an electric conversion with a small british sports car or small japanese car...

Riddler

I like a small block in a Miata over this thing personally. Efficient, longer distance between fill ups, and zoom zoom.

I can respect the work and technology, but not my thing. I’m all for renewable energy, provided it’s competitively priced. Also, how are all these batteries going to get recycled? Top it off with a lot of the batteries being made in or by Chinese companies and it’s a big turnoff for me.

A solution to a problem which does not exist, much like weight loss programs for obese Ethiopians.

I can respect the work and technology, but not my thing. I’m all for renewable energy, provided it’s competitively priced. Also, how are all these batteries going to get recycled? Top it off with a lot of the batteries being made in or by Chinese companies and it’s a big turnoff for me.
and then the Chinese company went belly up and kept the money

If I had more free time on my hands and money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd seriously love to do an EV conversion on an older car. I do electrical work for a living, so it would actually be fun for me. That said, I really don't think I'd be using an A-Body or any body Mopar. Something smaller and lighter like this for example would probably be a better starting point
upload_2021-1-30_9-42-1.png

If I had more free time on my hands and money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd seriously love to do an EV conversion on an older car. I do electrical work for a living, so it would actually be fun for me. That said, I really don't think I'd be using an A-Body or any body Mopar. Something smaller and lighter like this for example would probably be a better starting point
View attachment 1715680537
I know thats a crx, but something about the angle of the picture makes it look more like a 90s pontiac Lemans

Oh no I think I just spit up in my mouth a little! Seems like some kind of travesty to me ! I guess you could call it new exciting stuff? I guess you can.

Last edited:
View attachment 1715680537
I had that identical car color and all in my garage a couple years ago. I got it from a friend for $400 with a broken cam. After I added up all the cost of getting it running again and the amount of labor that I knew it would take cuz I've done this stuff before I sold it for $400 LOL...

I was thinking Peugeot or Citron. It definitely looks European to me.
I'm thinking its a Honda crx
But the more I look at it, the more it screams Lemans at me...must be the resident stripe on the hip line

Of course the Pontiac Lemans is a European car, it is simply a rebadged opel kadett

280px-Opel_Kadett_1987.png

I am both surprised and a bit sad how gullible the population truly is. This EV thing has nothing to do with the environment but does have everything to do with producing revenue for the elite that the people who scream about the environment collectively hate.

I am not hating on electric cars/vehicles as I think they have a place within the population and are only going to increase in number of efficiency (meaning range, time to charge, etc.). That said, make absolutely no mistake that their push onto the market and into the garages and driveways of the world is anything more that a mechanism to generate huge profits for those associated with that industry.

Mark my words, there will come a day when the competitor to electric (perhaps hydrogen) will be telling the world how bad electric is for the environment, how inefficient it is, etc. and how their technology is "so" much better. This is the way of the world and is almost completely driven by money. Sure they will use the environment as a mechanism to play on the heartstrings of the consumer, but in reality it is all about the money as it always has been and will be.

Its all fine and dandy till they start mandating it! Then I will have a problem with it! I am much more excited about turbos and nos than a electric dart that goes 90 mph and only last 100 miles! Pretty big waste of a perfectly good dart if you ask me. The cowl hoods is ridiculous!
I don't mind somebody being innovative, although it's not my thing. Don't worry about mandating.

Hot rodding is changing things, and this is quite the change. Applaud their ingenuity, but will never be my thing. I remember seeing one on an automotive TV show, an electric 69/70 Mustang that accelerated like a missile. It was quiet and smooth, more like a ride at an amusement park. No thanks.

-
Back