The Golden Age Of Wireless

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I was considering putting my factory radio back in my dash to make things look a little nicer, however I knew that I would miss my bluetooth capability and quite frankly AM radio doesn't sound very good. So after thinking about it for a while I came up with this. This black box has a 25 watt per channel amp in it along with bluetooth capability. It will play my AM radio through the rear speakers and when I turn the bluetooth on on my phone the factory radio will quit playing and it will pickup the bluetooth signal. I also made it so that the factory wire does not have to be cut. Enjoy the video (and audio)

There ya go, that's thinking and applying it.
Thanks, I just like the idea of not modifying the das or the wiring. The other cool thing is that you can also use Slacker or Pandora if you don't have any music on your phone. I will let you guys know when I put it in my car.

Thanks, I just like the idea of not modifying the das or the wiring. The other cool thing is that you can also use Slacker or Pandora if you don't have any music on your phone. I will let you guys know when I put it in my car.

That's where we differ a little as I just do anything I want to mine.
Parts interchanging between manufacturers, wiring changes, even parts deletion if I don't like them. :D
The body yes, I keep that original for the most part but everything else is fair game.

I hear ya TrailBeast,
I have made a bunch of mods over the years. I just feel that the factory radio might look better than the aftermarket Pioneer that's in there now. The cost if the "retro look" radios (if you could even buy one for an A Body Mopar) is $500 to $700. So this is a relatively inexpensive solution to the problem. Still working on ironing it the finer details of my last mod, Fitech fuel injection (getting there but still tweaking)

iPhone and a little Bose blue tooth box set in the back seat, you may be surprised how nice the sound is and keep your factory crappy AM radio for looks. Best of all you have your favorite tunes all the time.

-
Back