The last few days.

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Visiting my daughter. Watched my grandson graduate.
My granddaughter compete and win at a regional track event and qualified for State competition this weekend.
And a spent a little time site seeing.

20180516_180906.jpg

View attachment 1715178409

20180521_164233.jpg

The 49th State is God’s country if you ask me. I would be tempted to live there, but I just can’t take the deep cold anymore.

I’m more of a 50th State guy these days. :)

Holy CRAP went to post a reply and there's "nothing there!!"

How's the skeeters? Priest Lake (down here) is bad enough!!

mosquito_6.jpg

The 49th State is God’s country if you ask me. I would be tempted to live there, but I just can’t take the deep cold anymore.

I’m more of a 50th State guy these days. :)

Thats one reason I waited till now to visit.
Not a cold weather person myself.
Temps here have not been bad since I arrived. Mid 60s everyday.

Isn’t a mosquito the official state bird of Alaska?

Remember, only the male mosquito makes the high pitched whining sound and the female makes no sound but is the one that sucks blood while the male doesn’t.

If you wake up in the night and hear a mosquito sound, go back to sleep...it’s just a male and he won’t bite.

However, if you wake up and hear nothing...

:lol:

Nice cabin! And yep, couldn't imagine going to Alaska and not fishing at least once... they are supposed to have some nice ones up there!

Nice cabin! And yep, couldn't imagine going to Alaska and not fishing at least once... they are supposed to have some nice ones up there!

Son in law said they stock it with trout and samon?
They also ice fish in winter.
I'm really not feeling well to be honest. Was going to stay and watch the granddaughter in the state finals. This weekend. But I just booked for a flight back leavening
For Fairbanks about a 2 hour drive then fly from there to Seattle then home.
Should be back after 5 pm wed.

That looks like a great place to visit. This country has so many beautiful places to see and experience.

-
Back