The MAIN thread for the 360/OEBC

-

RAMM

Reaction score
Ok so sorry for everyone that's been following along, I've been on the road with work and it's difficult to carve out time for this online fantasy football style stuff. Plus I am by no means a tech savvy web builder/ content creator type. I think I should reach out to someone with website building experience.

I'd like to create and or have a formal entry process for those that fully intend on participating. I'd also like to create a timeline for entry deadline, particpants announcement date, progress submission deadlines, of course dyno date, and results realease date. I'm also trying to figure out how to host my website so that anyone that uploads to Youtube I can provide the mirror link to. This way anyone wanting to see all the latest content could find it all in one place and in chronological order. I think that would be pretty cool.

I am open to discuss everything regarding proposed dates/entry process/entry fee. I've got a friend that wants to particpate so he is supplying parts but I am doing the machining/assembly/testing--This is a conflict of interest and we will NOT be eligible for anything more than an exhibition type entry.

I'm thinking entry deadlines should be soon and just entail a proposed concept of why/how and what's different about your proposed build (not that anyone will be turned away-lol). I think a one month period goes by and the particpants are announced. Then a dyno date could be set out.

Let's discuss. J.Rob

Maybe the submission process should be a little 2-3 minute video submission of introducing yourself/where youre located/what dyno service you plan to use and of course a little about your build and ideas . J.Rob

Excellent to hear!

Any ideas on dates or video submission ideas? J.Rob
Well one thing is alot of us dont have YouTube channels or the time to deal with them, but should be pretty simple to do a short video on a cellphone and submit that to whoever could post it or whatnot

I am very seriously considering an entry with one of my 5.9 magnums. This will be a what does a junkyard magnum with a cam and valvetrain upgrade make kind of entry. Absolutely nothing fancy at all, but a hope and a prayer to get to the 380 crate numbers. Still putting some pieces together.

Well one thing is alot of us dont have YouTube channels or the time to deal with them, but should be pretty simple to do a short video on a cellphone and submit that to whoever could post it or whatnot
That's exactly the idea. I'm not looking for high production value here--just simple and relatable. I'd like to foster a sense of community and camaraderie. J.Rob

You might start by explaining, for the rest of us, what it is that you are referring to. I have no idea what an OEBC even is. Other than you are evidently having some sort of build off

I posted in the other thread, you could have folks submit their video to a central uploader who then posts them to the challenge channel, or you could have a central web page for the challenge with links to each contestants channel or page. Th ething is with a build you may have multiple videos. i entered a guitar contest once and submitted 1 video to the main contest page. just ideas on how to do it. If folks re trying to build a channel maybe links to their page os the way to go.

I posted in the other thread, you could have folks submit their video to a central uploader who then posts them to the challenge channel, or you could have a central web page for the challenge with links to each contestants channel or page. Th ething is with a build you may have multiple videos. i entered a guitar contest once and submitted 1 video to the main contest page. just ideas on how to do it. If folks re trying to build a channel maybe links to their page os the way to go.

I think if everyone entered just sent me the links to their page that would be the easiest way to do this. Great idea. J.Rob

Maybe the submission process should be a little 2-3 minute video submission of introducing yourself/where youre located/what dyno service you plan to use and of course a little about your build and ideas . J.Rob
Is it OK if it's a chassis dyno? I can't find an engine dyno service where I live.

I am very seriously considering an entry with one of my 5.9 magnums. This will be a what does a junkyard magnum with a cam and valvetrain upgrade make kind of entry. Absolutely nothing fancy at all, but a hope and a prayer to get to the 380 crate numbers. Still putting some pieces together.
The 380 crate motors were a 3
Angle valve job a custom ( made for Chrysler) cam and it was degreed in topped off with a MOPAR M1 intake on a production short block.
There,That is how it’s done.
Nothing to debate here I worked at Arrow and built some of them.

I miss those MP crate engines I thought they'd be around forever They had a 300 horse and a 380 horse offering if I remember correctly.

Angle valve job a custom ( made for Chrysler) cam and it was degreed in topped off with a MOPAR M1 intake on a production short block.
Gotta love a fella that’s been there and done that.
I miss those MP crate engines I thought they'd be around forever They had a 300 horse and a 380 horse offering if I remember correctly.
And several other small block offerings

Not debating anything really. That’s exactly what Ive come to understand the crates were. I used a 380 crate in a duster years ago and it punched way above its weight class. I’ve heard rumors of them twisting the dyno up to the 410hp mark and it’s always impressed me for what they were.

Yep. Pretty easy to replicate. Also easy to beat. The 380 crate isn't a crate combo.

Yep. Pretty easy to replicate. Also easy to beat. The 380 crate isn't a crate combo.
You mean “Great combo.” He he he he

@TT5.9mag Ive read and heard the same. *I Think* MP purposely gave it an underrated power level so no one could ever complain which would have been reallllllly bad. Call it a 360/380hp and when they dyno it, cause you know they will…..
then the dyno says better than 380, it’s a win/win and everybody is happy.

The toughest part of this competition is finding manners who are building an engine for their car now. As the expense to compete in a no cash prize contest is a tough price to pay for an otherwise homeless engine.

OK! So far, we have;

RAMM & his buddy
Replicarracer43
Rumblefish360

On the fence is TT5.9mag

I've given it consideration. I actually have some stuff laying around, including a standard bore 360 block with some good bits in the bottom end. Also have some spare Eddie's and a couple intakes. Tunnel ram too.....

Ok so stock stroke 360? That's a great choice. This should be really good.

Ok so stock stroke 360? That's a great choice. This should be really good.
Yea but you do have the option of installing a 3.58 stroke crank into a 340 block or another “Stock block” as so it’s relatable and repeatable for anyone. No race blocks, no Ritter blocks. They’re not exactly common and can have the advantage of a huge bore.

Yea but you do have the option of installing a 3.58 stroke crank into a 340 block or another “Stock block” as so it’s relatable and repeatable for anyone. No race blocks, no Ritter blocks. They’re not exactly common and can have the advantage of a huge bore.
That's basically the same engine.

That's basically the same engine.
Yup! Main idea IMO. The few cubic inch differences aren’t a big difference here. A minor edge but nothing to not be repeatable and within a few HP. Save a 340 block at a 4.1 bore size. (378)
If someone has a standard bore 360, that’s 18 cubes which is noticeable against an otherwise same build. But it’s still a repeatable set up save the big bore which will be down a few HP numbers in the end. Even if it isn’t a 340 w/a 3.58 crank, a 360 @ .060 over is a 370. Also a stock bore 360 is still a sizable engine that some good power shouldn’t really be an issue.

Ether way it goes, it’ll be fun.

Yup! Main idea IMO. The few cubic inch differences aren’t a big difference here. A minor edge but nothing to not be repeatable and within a few HP. Save a 340 block at a 4.1 bore size. (378)
If someone has a standard bore 360, that’s 18 cubes which is noticeable against an otherwise same build. But it’s still a repeatable set up save the big bore which will be down a few HP numbers in the end. Even if it isn’t a 340 w/a 3.58 crank, a 360 @ .060 over is a 370. Also a stock bore 360 is still a sizable engine that some good power shouldn’t really be an issue.

Ether way it goes, it’ll be fun.
I like it so far. Should be some good entertainment.

-
Back