The MAIN thread for the 360/OEBC

-
@RAMM …. Could I do an “ outlaw “ entry in the contest… say a 420 plus inch stock block build…some kind of aluminum heads non-offset rockers…lots of porting to the heads… big cam to make peak power north of 7000 rpm…basically to test the long running theory that you can’t get enough head on a stroker …. and strokers don’t rpm…

Why do you need a contest? Just build it.

Long stroke engines can rev just fine. Many a big block out there that can rev just fine

It gets show cases with everyone else’s engine but instantly disqualified in which he doesn’t care.

I’m currently building a 340 inch aluminum LS with ported 862 heads…. If I paint it hemi orange maybe I can sneak it in…

I’m currently building a 340 inch aluminum LS with ported 862 heads…. If I paint it hemi orange maybe I can sneak it in…
Yeah but only if you retrofit some Mopar performance "Black Wrinkle" valve covers on it. I'll settle for having them sit on top but you have to use some Bondo and make it look good...:lol:

Yeah but only if you retrofit some Mopar performance "Black Wrinkle" valve covers on it. I'll settle for having them sit on top but you have to use some Bondo and make it look good...:lol:
Just add a tan colour distributor and I’ll never get found out….

It gets show cases with everyone else’s engine but instantly disqualified in which he doesn’t care.
Well it certainly won’t win based on the extra cubes…I think we should see some 525 hp or more builds out of 370 inchs

Well it certainly won’t win based on the extra cubes…
True, show case it anyway. F-it! If you’re building it anyway….. :thumbsup:
I think we should see some 525 hp or more builds out of 370 inchs
Maybe! IDK! It’s a mystery really. Who knows what is being brought to the table?

If we dont get another 4 or 5 guys into it, I don't see how it will even happen

Then I'll help get the ball rolling.... LMAO!

If it is just you, RAMM and I, then thats what it'll be. IDGAF

If we dont get another 4 or 5 guys into it, I don't see how it will even happen
On a normal year I would find a 360 block…buy the speed master heads as per the rules…get some pistons and take a run at building something that would fit the rules and hopefully not embarrass me on the dyno…but in the last 12 months I have done 3 engine builds and currently have a LS 5.3 on the go…so the only way I can jump in is to use parts I already have on hand…these include some offshore aluminum heads, an old 3.9 or 4 inch stroke crank, and 340 block that needs at least a 40 thousand over bore…I have a few intakes and oil pans…so that would leave me buy some cheaper pistons ( SRP or JE ) and a decent balancer…I think if we want to get any more guys involved open it up to any sbm 273 to whatever displacement you can build using a factory block…and any non offset rocker heads that have been commercially available in the last decade….BUT it is not my contest

Has there been a "must be dyno'd by" deadline set?

If I were to join I'd literally have to buy another reciprocating assembly. I already have a almost 12:1 4" stroke setup and buying another set of pistons and a crank...IDK it's a lot of money and time

I may put an "all the wrong parts I can find" special together, just because, I can...

Has there been a "must be dyno'd by" deadline set?
no
If I were to join I'd literally have to buy another reciprocating assembly. I already have a almost 12:1 4" stroke setup and buying another set of pistons and a crank...IDK it's a lot of money and time
A cheaper solution...... purchase some retardly thickcometic gaskets, swap them out, dyne, swap them back, enjoy the day.... LAMO
I may put an "all the wrong parts I can find" special together, just because, I can...
Thats about where I'm at.

I think this is the same thing a few of us are running into…we want to use what is on the shop floor…

Hey! Category #2, 4.00 armed strokers ….

OK, I’ll be driving RAMM crazy with that one….
Ducking and running…

-
Back