The new Edelbrock 1912 800 AVS2

-

6pak

Member? - can’t Re-Member
Reaction score
Bought one.
was looking for the 1812 - Thunder Series. My brother’s 800 thunder took .4 seconds off my et over the 750 AFB I had on it. But, Seems they are no longer making them.
The book that comes with it is in English and Spanish. I thought they sent me the wrong book, but I realized I had opened it from the wrong side!
BUT, the new book has nothing on tuning. No graph with jet sizes. Only the accel pump tuning notes if you have a bog, more the rod towards the carb body and refers to a page that has nothing on it about it. * and it’s in the top hole already! No exploded view w part numbers of the carb either.

Another thing I noted is the primary jetting is way different than the Thunder 800.
I attributed that to the new booster.
So, does that fatter booster cut down the actual CFM of the carb?

Check out the new Edelbrock 4150 VRS. I've been a Holley woman my whole life ... but with true adjustability throughout, other manufacturers poo-pooing carburetors in favor of EFI, costing around $800, and the only 'detriment' being a half inch taller, it would certainly seem that Edelbrock came to play big time. It looks to be very well thought out.

I’ve seen that. But I’m an Edelbrock guy.
My concern was that the booster is larger and may cut down the CFM.
I’ve heard that Edelbrocks don’t flow the true advertised CFM anyway
And disappointed the new manual does not cover the tuning aspect like the older ones do.

My concern was that the booster is larger and may cut down the CFM.
I’ve heard that Edelbrocks don’t flow the true advertised CFM anyway

CFM is meaningless if you cannot create signal and control AFR. A smaller carb can help improve the lack of vaporization in a combo helping it make more power.

Expect the m/jets to be smaller for Annular Boosters. There will likely be a small flow loss with ABs, but as Hysteric points out, it is more than just cfm that creates hp.

-
Back