the newest addition.... yep, a hemi

-

HemiMark

Reaction score
I was looking for an Hemi engine for my 68 Dart when I came across this 1968 Hemi barracuda. Someone on this site saw it on e-bag and asked "is this car listed to cheap" and as it turns out it was. It didn't hit reserve and I made the deal to buy it after the auction was over. I've had it a few weeks but yesterday was the first chance to look under the car. My friend put it on the rack for a PA state inspection and we took a few pictures.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 946
  • photo2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 944
  • photo3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 946
  • photo4.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 955
  • photo5.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 932
  • photo6.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 984
  • photo7.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 954
  • photo9.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 964
  • photo.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 950
  • photo8.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 935
I'm throwing in the Bulls**t flag on this one.....The last picture that show's the vehicle weight, I know you've been losing weight but if math is correct (and it it cause I double checked with a calculator) with driver only added 111 lbs. What'd you do stick a 12 year old behind the wheel ?

Where the heck is the engine shot? Looks good. What'd they have the reserve set at (if you don't mind)?

I'm throwing in the Bulls**t flag on this one.....The last picture theat show the vehicle weight, I know you've been losing weight but if math is correct (and it it cause I double checked with a calculator) with driver only added 111 lbs. What'd you do stick a 12 year old behind the wheel ?

LOL I found that in the stack of papers that came with the car. It's going to be a little heavier when I'm hammering it!

Where the heck is the engine shot? Looks good. What'd they have the reserve set at (if you don't mind)?

here you go............

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwnw3yick3o"]Hemi Barracuda "Extreme Power" - YouTube[/ame]

So today I was going to just poke around and get a little more familiar with the Barracuda. I changed the oil last week and noticed a drip coming from the plug. I figured I would drain the oil into a clean pan, Teflon tape the plug and put the oil back in, simple right?

so I start turning the fill cap....... and

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH182XJWNJY&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

it wont come off .... and it wont tighten back up! F me, now I have to take the valve cover off...........

I guess they epoxied the nut to the underside of the valve cover and it became loose.

Attachments

• photo20.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 834
  • photo22.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 828
Awww man, you didn't give it enough throttle and you shut it down too early. I want to see everything go blurry as you hit top end.

LOL, congrats on a good purchase!

and that's what I did today! And to think all I wanted to do was stop the drain plug from dripping!

Attachments

• photo10.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 829
  • photo16.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 820
  • photo17.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 815
  • photo18.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 817
  • photo19.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 813
Cool,
I am the one who originally posted that the car was too cheap. Worked out real good for you!

Dumb question... do those stacks have filters in them at all? I'd be kinda hesitant to drive it much if not

But yes needless to say I am also drooling LOL

Awesome car....but FWIW, JB Weld is NOT gas and oil impervious. It will break down over time. I would have someone heliarc tac that nut in place.

Also, I have a question about the fuel system. Do I notice TWO outlets, or is one an outlet and the other a return?

-
Back