"the pro touring look"

-

naus360scamp

Reaction score
I really like the way pro touring cars look! now who's got a mopar pro touring car that they wanna show off? I need ideas for my a body. PICTURES! :rr:

you really should check out other websites if you really want to see "pro Touring" cars not that this isn't a great site, just very limited to the whole "pro touring" scene. check out these sites, the lateral g isn't mopar specific but there are some incredible builds and ideas there...

www.protouringmopar.com

http://lateral-g.net/

Abodyjoe,
we all should have such nice rust buckets!
In the mean time mine is a Duster and not a Dart, and I dont know if it yet has achieved the "Pro-Touring" look. It is what it is.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo494.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 7,159
  • Photo495.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 7,702
PT build in progress, not just the "look"...

Tmp00001-1.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

file-75.jpg

100_1644.jpg

Making an engine this Christmas...
file-77.jpg

Very nice. I love it. Looks like some nice junk in the background of the pics too. :thumrigh:

LOL I was gonna say the same thing, looks like where I work too, a challenger on a cart and a '70 barracuda just hangen out with lots of b bodys and A bodys around too

Here is my 63;

Attachments

• TinCup web small.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,643
should be finished this winter

Attachments

• Page-11.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,462
  • Page-6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,648
I really like the way pro touring cars look! now who's got a mopar pro touring car that they wanna show off? I need ideas for my a body. PICTURES! :rr:

I'm not that much into the Pro Touring look. But I'm into the touring performance.

I compliment you on your honesty though. Most Pro Touring projects are about the look with thier skinny rubber band tire, heavy rims, air bag low rider suspensions and all.

I'm going to 17x9 rims soon so I can get good tires and bigger/better brakes.

Attachments

• SFSF10AlanE57b.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 2,485
  • JimLuskLg3Crop1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 3,643
Most Pro Touring projects are about the look with thier skinny rubber band tire, heavy rims, air bag low rider suspensions and all.

Ever been in a properly air suspended vehicle? If you pay any attention to the guys at Ride Tech, they beat the living snot out of their "air bag low rider suspension" vehicles and have always done VERY well with them at events. They also don't design their suspension systems to be "low rider" suspensions. There vehicles are designed at an optimal ride height to take advantage of center of gravity while getting an aggressive stance and increasing performance. It's also a good way to eliminate the hassles of trying to determine spring rate for coil-overs when building a completely custom car. Air suspension also offers some advantages over coil-over suspensions, like progressive rate springs and adjustability. Not everybody using air suspension is doing it to lay or scrape rocker...

Ever been in a properly air suspended vehicle? If you pay any attention to the guys at Ride Tech, they beat the living snot out of their "air bag low rider suspension" vehicles and have always done VERY well with them at events. They also don't design their suspension systems to be "low rider" suspensions. There vehicles are designed at an optimal ride height to take advantage of center of gravity while getting an aggressive stance and increasing performance. It's also a good way to eliminate the hassles of trying to determine spring rate for coil-overs when building a completely custom car. Air suspension also offers some advantages over coil-over suspensions, like progressive rate springs and adjustability. Not everybody using air suspension is doing it to lay or scrape rocker...

I've seen an air suspended car loose it's air out on the track. Twice. The Hot Rod 4 door Malibu. I was out on the track at the same time for one of those times.

I know the racer that drove the Air Ride Challenger on that FORZA tv show. He didn't like it. Wasn't reliable either. I think that was an early version for that car. And he said the car was just not well sorted out nor well built at that point.

There was a guy here with a black 67 Cuda convertible that struggled with issues on his air bag system. I think that had to do a lot with install quality. But whatever he had wasn't idiot proof.

But I admit the cars look great when you can adjust the ride height down when they are parked. You can't do that with any other suspension.

And you're right, you can cruise your car with plenty of header ground clearance and bring it down for better handling at the track. Not easy at all 4 wheels with most any other suspensions. Easy to do with on the front torsion bars of Mopars, but not the rear.

It's a great way to get a wide range of certain characteristics.

I think a good solid well though install will go a long way with realiblity. As with any custom part.

The Malibu mishap...

Attachments

• CopySFSF08Pics054.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 2,756
I got a pro...coffee getter...it's got sway bars front and rear....does that count?

i think that would go in the procoffeegetter pics thread

is it just me or does everyone and theyre brother do mustang wheel on theyre "pro touring" mopars?? some one change it up lol

I'm waiting for someone to use this style... I forget the name for it it's right on the tip of my tongue...

EDIT: could be minilite wheels?

V48-17x9.jpg

-
Back