The snow has arrived!

-

ValiantK360

Reaction score
Well today around the Chicagoland area, we all got a surprise...lots of snow!

When I woke up, I noticed that there were some snowflakes flying around outside and didn't really think much of it. I had plans to work on my new little project car, until the snow really started to come down, so I had to bail on that. I was thinking is was going to slow down, but it kept on going for hours. It finally stopped a little while ago and it seems that we got about 5 inches of snow.

This could be a sign that we have a crazy Winter incoming. I don't know if I am quite ready yet lol. My daily driver is definitely not a winter car, but I should be alright. :D

Anyone else ready for this Winter season?

snow 1.jpg

snow 2.jpg

snow 3.jpg

snow 4.jpg

snow 5.jpg

snow 6.jpg

snow 7.jpg

Well today around the Chicagoland area, we all got a surprise...lots of snow!

When I woke up, I noticed that there were some snowflakes flying around outside and didn't really think much of it. I had plans to work on my new little project car, until the snow really started to come down, so I had to bail on that. I was thinking is was going to slow down, but it kept on going for hours. It finally stopped a little while ago and it seems that we got about 5 inches of snow.

This could be a sign that we have a crazy Winter incoming. I don't know if I am quite ready yet lol. My daily driver is definitely not a winter car, but I should be alright. :D

Anyone else ready for this Winter season?

View attachment 1714995302

View attachment 1714995303

View attachment 1714995304

View attachment 1714995305

View attachment 1714995306

View attachment 1714995307

View attachment 1714995308
They said might be enough to stick to the grass but we received probably close to 7-8 inches out here in Kingston (DeKalb county) heavy too, heart attack snow. I need to be a meteorologist, I can just say anything and still get a paycheck.

well, define ready.... I live in northern Mass. so, yea, I've been "ready" since mid-Oct. -- mentally though, I am ready to retire and move a lot further south.. :D

well, define ready.... I live in northern Mass. so, yea, I've been "ready" since mid-Oct. -- mentally though, I am ready to retire and move a lot further south.. :D
good for you! you can keep it ! I wish it was 90 outside . I hate winter !!!!!!!

Just a coating here..I LOVE winter nothing like living in the northeast we get all 4 seasons..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Those tree shots are gorgeous. I do however hate the problems it creates just going to the wood pile to get fuel for the woodstove.

Yep, we got the same thing on the west side of the state...... :) More coming in a couple of days.....

I will be up in Chicago for Christmas with the family. I hope the snow sticks around, the girlfriend is a Mainer who misses the stuff.

Gotta say it sure is pretty right after it stops snowing!
But I'm still staying right here in SoCal.
Our current 10-day forecast shows high temps ranging from 65-69F with overnight lows between 47-57F.

After living in Chicago for many years, I think I'll continue to shovel my sunshine instead :D

Your snow pics are beautiful to look at though....:thumbsup:

-
Back