The things people say to sell their car LOL...

-
That is a smoking deal because the tape player works.

I mean think about it, even If you have to put an engine in it, it's still worth because the tape player works. Heck, I might go buy it myself because I really need a car with a good tape player.

In laws had one, when you turn on the wipers the radio would play. Mother in law flipped it into a ditch, a dump truck going the opposite direction BLEW it off the road.

That is a smoking deal because the tape player works.

I mean think about it, even If you have to put an engine in it, it's still worth because the tape player works. Heck, I might go buy it myself because I really need a car with a good tape player.
I have some tapes you can borrow!

It's what They don't say that can be a killer. -- They don't lie, They just don't discuss problems. -- :( --

"I'm only asking a thousand, but all you would have to do is put the 40 dollar part on it and I'm sure it would be worth an easy 2 thousand.... "

:realcrazy::realcrazy:

For every dumb sales ad statement, there are always even dumber people who will believe it.

There are many levels of stupid.

"I'm only asking a thousand, but all you would have to do is put the 40 dollar part on it and I'm sure it would be worth an easy 2 thousand.... "

:realcrazy::realcrazy:
head gaskets......$40 piston?

"I really don't want to sell it as its been such a good car but I just have too many other cars"
"That's not rust, its patina. The leak it had forever really preserved the frame rails. Its has a 318, it will run forever....."

Why pay 500 for 200 worth of scrap?
Thats like the guy i talked to saturday. He talked to everybody thinking they might fix it for free i guess. Not me, i dont even want it in my yard. After the call i blocked his number.

Has nice "patina" paint!
That is my favorite one. My buddy (who is about 10 years younger than me) had a 85 dodge 2wd for sale not to long ago it was a nice truck for the money it would have made a very nice project. It had a stout little 318 crager wheels and he listed it as a nice "patina paint" I called him up and asked him wtf does patina paint mean? He said oh that's where the paint has a natural aged look. So I said so you mean rusted? Haha he was like naw not rust just weathered. I was like oh ok so you mean where the clear is peeling and it looks all matte and rusty. He was like yea that. I said man have i got a deal for you. I have a 1994 Chevrolet lumina that the entire paint peeled off in one giant sheet and now there is nothing left but patina primer!! Haha he didnt think it was as funny as I did!!
That was the first time i had ever heard the term patina. Before that it was called "needs and paint job" !

71 challenger on ebay currently. Umm..sure. Car is literally rotten from the inside out. Seller writes:
"This is a classic car that needs TLC and to a great home to someone who truly wants to restore this car" "I am aware it needs major restoration with some rust."
I just SMH...

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Wow.. some rust? That makes me incredibly sad!! Hate to see classics in that condition

-
Back