thermostat housing on m1 intake.

-

Jeffsrt

6.33 in the 1/8th
Reaction score
Just got my m1 intake from summit for my 340 duster. Does anyone know why the thermostat housing is a different bolt pattern then my orginal? Anyone have the same problem? If so what did you do to fix it. thanks.

Because for some stupid reason Mopar Performance is casting everything using the Magnum thermostat housing. You need one from a 93-2000 Magnum 3.9, 5.2 or 5.9L

thanks guys. By dumb luck..or something.. we tried the housing from my dads junk 5.2L engine from is ram and it worked has for mentioned it would!

I'm in the same pickle here! But first off, are you speaking of a dual plane or the single, because I have the dual plane. I'm not sure if the thermo's would be different or not from one to the other. But if anyone has gotten a thermostat housing for dual plane where did you get it?

My MP M1 has the standard thremostat housing on it, housing is from a 1973 318 engine. Maybe the older ones were like mine, I have had it for some time.

Yes the older ones used the LA thermostat. The new ones use the Magnum engine thermostat.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have purchased three different housings and different thermostats trying to get one to fit, and not leak, on my M1 intake (crate 360). The magnum thermostats and housing are too small. The opening is just over 2” and about 3.25” bolt center to bolt center. I have one housing that works but it leaks so I have been trying to find better one. Any suggestions?

-
Back