These damn ads have to go away!

-

volaredon

Reaction score
This BS is getting as bad as Mopars Infolink . I like hanging out here, but if they don't quit interrupting what I came here for in the 1st place I guess I'm going to be here a whole lot less

There have been many threads about this. Joey has been working on this issue.

I've had a few issues. I shut down the browser and come back a little later and all is good.

Since the reconfiguration I'm definitely getting a lot more BS in between stuff I'm trying to read and it's also harder for me to see it's easy enough for me to type the letters are enlarged but reading is a sob. All in all I love hanging out with you guys, there's a wealth of knowledge here and most everybody here is all good people. Peace, and Happy Thanksgiving

I had glitches one day when RRR brought up the ad issue. It was repaired within hours. I have had zero issues aside from that time on either my cell phone or computer. Must be a server / browser / cookie / your equipment thing etc.

This BS is getting as bad as Mopars Infolink . I like hanging out here, but if they don't quit interrupting what I came here for in the 1st place I guess I'm going to be here a whole lot less

Tell us what you are using for your online device, Computer or Phone?

IPhone or Android Phone.

Web Browser:
Google Chrome
Or
Firefox?

I see you are not Gold Membership, that helps to shut off the ads with Gold.

Now if you choose to not go with the Gold Membership, then the ads are there to support this website.

Thankfully I'm not seeing any except at the very bottom, below the last post.
I think when admin is correcting things some other things effect us while we are online. I just bail for a while and come back to normalcy. Well, as normal as it gets. Lol

Now if you choose to not go with the Gold Membership, then the ads are there to support this website.
I get that, but an ad after every second post is beyond excessive. Top and bottom of the screen I'm used to, every other post is too much, and the banner are at the bottom just need to disappear.

Come to think of it, there used to be a square ad at the bottom left on both A and B-bodies. It's gone now too.

Now the only thing I would say might be different for me is I am still running windows 7 and my Iphone is an 8. Both are slightly outdated!

Come to think of it, there used to be a square ad at the bottom left on both A and B-bodies. It's gone now too.

Now the only thing I would say might be different for me is I am still running windows 7 and my Iphone is an 8. Both are slightly outdated!
I wish my PC still had Windows 7 and don’t switch to a newer iPhone. My iPhone 14 pro Max is a POS.

Can tell that the site has problems with the Auto Pop Up Ads, a program designed to throw up ads randomly that uses algorithms off of your surfing habits to try to make an offer to you to get you to buy something and generate income.

Maybe needs to go to the manually placed ads that are not working off people's surfing habits, just random ads that apply to this automotive community.

Screenshot_20221124-214700_Firefox.jpg

So out of all the days of the year, you chose Thanksgiving day to come on here and ***** about a forum that's FREE to join and use. That's real classy, man. Do you think Joey has an office somewhere in the big city where all his servers are? Do you not think that he works on his web sites sometimes 24 hours a day so we can have a place to basically play around? Try using the search function before posting next time and it might not make you look like such an ***.

So out of all the days of the year, you chose Thanksgiving day to come on here and ***** about a forum that's FREE to join and use. That's real classy, man. Do you think Joey has an office somewhere in the big city where all his servers are? Do you not think that he works on his web sites sometimes 24 hours a day so we can have a place to basically play around? Try using the search function before posting next time and it might not make you look like such an ***.
Amen. Pretty well said Brother! I sure ain't complaining. I'm Happy to be here. Once you get used to the ads in between people's comments on the threads it's no big deal just roll right over em. Because I'm on a cell I wish I could enlarge the text and other people's response comments and original posts

What ads?
I don't have any ads and never have.
Unless you count the vendors who advertise on the right sidebar.
I use Firefox with ad blocker ultimate added on.
I don't use internet explorer or edge for anything. I'm also on Windows 10.
I have no idea what I'm doing different from anyone else. I don't use my phone to come here. In fact I use my phone for very little other than what a phone was meant for.

I wasn't trying to start anything to ruin someone's holiday for sure. Wasn't thinking in terms of it being a holiday. Maybe I was on here surfing around since I wasn't at work it seemed worse or something? But you can't deny they're a pain in the *** and definitely NOT what I come here for. I come here for tech info and basically to hang out with like minded people and am sick n tired of all the ad interference that has increasingly gotten out of hand over about the past few weeks maybe the last month or so.

I don't know if it has anything to do with how many ads I have popping up but since it was asked, I'm on a Motorola Android phone most of the time. I rarely use the "tower" at home, but when I am, that's windows 10.
One thing I'm not, is a computer guru.
Not into building them in the least, can navigate existing program but don't think I could begin to program one/ if I could, maybe I could somehow program the unwanted ads "out". I don't do Fakebook, or Twitter or any of those gossip based things, I could care less about what color the polka dots someone has on their underwear and such. But I like old school mechanical machines particularly old "real" Chrysler vehicles made before the subject of "who bought them out this week" was a "thing", and the technology and gazillion black boxes that control the newer vehicles followed.
We got along just fine with carburetors and 4 pin ecu's and those are the cars I prefer to be around. And like minded people who share that.
Don't go around trying to pick fights with people who comment on the "mechanics" (if you will) of the site that brings us together just because you may not like the "when" such issue are brought up. It's now the day after the holiday and my original post is still there for Joey, or whoever, to see/ if they took the holiday off from here/ which is understandable if they did.....

There have been many threads about this. Joey has been working on this issue.
I have mentioned this on many other threads. Joey is aware and working on a fix.

What has really got annoying is that a guy can't even delete pm's. The ads pop up so fast that you can't even click on a pm to open. I am a gold member on FBBO and spend most my time there, but really enjoy this site as well. It has got a lot more frustrating since the upgrade.....

-
Back