Thick Carpet Glue Stains

-

maverick

1964 BARRACUDA 273-5sp.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a real good cleaning solution to clean thick hard glue stain?

I am stripping off the entire interior carpet of a Barracuda, and the floor pan under the ugly carpet has this hard glue stains everywhere... the plan is to clean the floor pan and rustproofing the entire space that is rusty. I really want to spray the glue stains with something, and perhaps let it sit for a while and then wipe it right off... is there such a strong product for me to use?

Anyone??? :scratch:

I'm in the middle of this exact same job, the PO used 10 times the amount of glue needed, it pooled in the low spots, I am trying Ace adhiesive remover, not so good. This is a sucky job.

I don't understand why they used so much glue to begin with... :wack:
I've tried those 3M stuff... it looks like it's going to be a lot of work...
I wish there was something similar to the stuff used to get rid of wallpaper glue, you know.

Anyone else has the same problem???

Have you tried a heat gun to soften the glue, then use a razor blade scraper.

Don

You could try dry ice and freeze the glue, it might crumble if it was frozen. This works for removing gum.

Chuck

Laquer thinner should dissolve it, you might also try gasoline, or paint thinner (mineral spirits). Be sure to use gloves and have plenty of fresh air available.

-
Back