Thin Plate Clutch Pack vs OEM Anyone have experience with?

-

skidmark

Reaction score
“Thin Plate Clutch Pack
Flat plates are machined to take some of the aggression out for smooth street use.”
I’m doing my first sure grip rebuild. Car is just a cruiser and occasional romp. Not sure which clutch pack to get. Any info is appreciated?

Mopar Performance kit # MP4529484 as used in original factory applications,, has the thin plate and the extra curved plate --- the other kit used is Spicer # 22233X uses a thick plate ( replaces the thin plate ) and a flat plate instead of the extra curved plate ---- the difference between the 2 kits is the preload setting on the clutch plates -- using the Mopar kit the clutch plate preload from 180 - 250 ft/lbs rotating -- the Spicer kit ends up at on average 70-100 ft/lbs rotating -- so the Mopar kit will be more aggressive lock up ,, the Spicer kit less aggressive so smoother operation on the street--- i use the Mopar Kit in all my rebuilds -- you will find the Spicer kit in the New aftermarket clutch type units ,, that is why the Diff Doctor adds shims to bring the preload number up to whatever he feels is the right preload number.

Last edited:
-
Back