think I got ripped off on Facebook

-

dartboy73

Reaction score
Question for my Mopar brothers and sisters
I attempted to purchase a new strange s60 and 4 link and SsBC brake kit off a Facebook page called Mopar trader page what ya got for sale. Me and the seller agreed to $4250 I would make 2 payments and he would make 2 shipments I made the first payment and he sent the brakes and most not all of the 4 link. Then I sent him another $3000 expecting him to ship the S60 and the rest of the 4 link. He recived the money Dec 15 and after countless texts and emails he finally said he shipped it FEB 7 now he has blocked me and will not reply. What legal action can I take and should I be informing the police? I am in Alberta Canada and he is in Illinois or I would drive down and deal with it myself

I'm in IL. What info do you have on him and where in IL is he? It is a federal crime since it's interstate I think. If he is close enough I can do some investigating for you Or perhaps slip a note in his mail box reminding him that it would be in his best interest to stand by your agreement and send you your parts.

This is the guys name and address

Jeff Elliott
448 Edward st.
Sycamore il 60178

Street justice!

Edit: no one likes a thief

Edit: edit: before anyone grabs the good ol 357 and baseball bat it may be a good idea to verify the package wasn't actually sent

I'm not real far from there. He blocked him so they can't communicate so that option is over.

Ya he said it was shipped on Feb 7 and I kept asking for a tracking number that's when he stopped communication with me. He provided a tracking number the same day when he shipped the first stuff.

I hope I am overreacting and it shows up on my door but truthfully it's taken long enough and not giving me a tracking number of shipping slip has kinda pissed me off

Did you get a hold of Lloyd William Chapman? He created the Mopar Trader Page and he doesn't tolerate that kind of crap. At the very least let him know who it was.

sounds like maybe he had the first load of parts but nothing on the second load. im sure you can do something. I would first make sure he is a real person and address. then file a police report with his local police dept and go from there. I never send big money like that on faith. If I cant take it myself I just don't buy it. Hopefully you get it resolved

Wouldn't the rear need to be shipped freight? It could also be hung up at customs.

Post this on the FB page with his name,that page has like 30k plus members.He will see it or someone who knows him will. I never ever pay with anything but paypal, you at least have a chance to get your money back. I actually have bought and sold a lot on that page and never a issue.

Ya that's what happens when you have faith in people you get burned. I don't even want the rear end anymore I'm so mad at this guy I would rather have my money

Im sorry to hear this. I hope everything works out for ya.

The address shows a house in sycamore. Maybe call the sycamore police and see if they will do a wellness check on him since there is no contact and your very worried about his well being, because your a life long friend.

Dano you might be right but why stop all communications with me and I'm sure he would have got a tracking number. If it shows up I will gladly apologize but remember he got his money on December 15th I think I have a right to be upset.
Wannadrag I did tag him on the original for sale ad on that group that's when he deleted me on Facebook lol

If you search my name Stephen Holland on that group maybe you guys can see his ad. At minimum you can see his face and not purchase from him

Dano you might be right but why stop all communications with me and I'm sure he would have got a tracking number. If it shows up I will gladly apologize but remember he got his money on December 15th I think I have a right to be upset.
Wannadrag I did tag him on the original for sale ad on that group that's when he deleted me on Facebook lol

Oh I agree and feel for your pending loss, but it's worth looking into. Is there a customs office you can contact and see if anything is there in your name or address?

If you search my name Stephen Holland on that group maybe you guys can see his ad. At minimum you can see his face and not purchase from him

Fyi... this thread has been linked on Mopar muscle Car facebook page.....50 thousand people will see it. He's even been tagged in the post. Good luck.

You guys are amazing I really just came here to vent but maybe I might get my money or a rear end and my barracuda will live ☺

If need be I can pick it up at least that way you know it's in good hands. We can figure the shipping details out later.

Sedan man I did text him and said I could get someone to pick it up but no reply. I don't know how I could arrange anything like that

-
Back