Thinking about selling my 1969 GT-Sport

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda dad

Reaction score
What do you think is a fair price for an original paint survivor?
383 4-Speed, numbers matching
SBP KH manual front disc added
power steering gear rebuilt
front end rebuilt
new clutch
correct radiator, manifolds, oil pan
some rust by back window
everything works but the radio
Thanks for your input

01.JPG

02.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

One dollar, Bob!

That is a sexy *** whip, and I wish the real answer could be $5000 so i could go and buy one right now.

I'm thinking $20,000-$25,000, but I really don't know nuffum.

I'll raise it a dollar .
So 2
Beautiful car !
Whatever someone is willing to pay.

I was thinking $5001.00

California car, little to no rust, servivor,
25 to 35,000

What color was the vinyl top? Can you show a fender tag photo? Looks great, and I like the originality but has dents and thinning paint that will hold it back some from the highest number listed above. But no shortage of suitors for it. The BB 4 speed combo is very nice.

It comes down to desireability and originality.
Im thinking $35k like Rusty said.
This 69 GTS was for sale by "Winged Enterprises" out of NC in 2018, asking $39,995. It was in similar original condition as yours, except, missing the center console, still had drum brakes all around.
Was originally vinyl and stripe delete but had body done over at some point, so that was a bit cleaner.
Finally sold for $33,000.
I thought that was a great price for the buyer 3 years ago.
Screenshot_20210124-013943_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210124-022114_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
This 69 GTS was for sale by "Winged Enterprises" out of NC in 2018, asking $39,995. It was in similar original condition as yours, except, missing the center console, still had drum brakes all around.
Was originally vinyl and stripe delete but had body done over at some point, so that was a bit cleaner.
View attachment 1715676377View attachment 1715676379

if the cars are in similar original condition and original (other than paint) I would prefer OP's over the one in your post. Once over on the body can hide some serious skeletons. Still, it's interesting to know it sold for $33k.

Yes. I prefer the OPs car also. You see what you are getting.
Theres not many real GTSs for sale comparisons.
That B5 Blue car turned out to be surprisingly solid, no bad rust anywhere.
Lucky.

Last edited:
What color was the vinyl top? Can you show a fender tag photo? Looks great, and I like the originality but has dents and thinning paint that will hold it back some from the highest number listed above. But no shortage of suitors for it. The BB 4 speed combo is very nice.
Yep, like 413 says.
Fender tag of an original BB 4 speed GTS keeps the price solid. A build sheet would be the icing on the cake.

Those prices may be coming back, unfortunately. As soon as gasoline and other staples double in price.
Stay tuned...:drama:

I'm in the $30-$35 range. The originality to me means WAY less cobbling has been done over the years. FACTORY everything. That to me is peace of mind and has a price.
For me I wouldnt want to work on something that I have to "decipher".
Example Flaming river column, Scarebird brakes, Painless wiring etc etc. While those may be upgrades, as a potential buyer the template(originality) has been tossed. Makes it harder for future maintenance in my opinion.
I'm even thinking $40, but covid messed everything up.
Is that blue one yours Joey? :thumbsup:
View attachment 1715676377View attachment 1715676379

I think I know that car if it was in Ohio then sold out of Minnesota, in it's present condition $25-28K tops...

20,000 Canadian is like 50,000usd.
He was joking!
The exchange rate is about 30%.

Now, back to the original post.
I feel that the car could bring 30 to $35,000 U.S.
However, it's hard to price a car from just a description and a few pictures, the only way to value it is by seeing it in person and checking it out thoroughly yourself.

That being said, a '69 383 4 speed GTS is one of my ''holy grail'' A-Bodies.
Nice car in nice condition you have there.

I think being a more desirable color combo and better condition paint, even if repaint, makes the blue one worth more. At least sell faster.

I’m at the $20-$25k

Does the light green/green one have buildsheet, numbers trans ??

20.JPG

I think I know that car if it was in Ohio then sold out of Minnesota, in it's present condition $25-28K tops...
Yes, this is the car but in much better condition.
Stock intake back on
Door striker break out repaired
Heater box rebuilt with new core
Dash pad installed
Steering box rebuilt
Steering pump resealed
K-H Disc brakes added
New waterpump
New 893 pan
New freeze plugs
New valve seals
Radiator rodded out
New belts and hoses
Front end rebuilt with Moog
New clutch and PP
New tires
I have the new carpet kit, headliner, and green vinyl roof too.

I like the color , the 4 sp , the console , the originality . I will take a survivor every time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back