Thinking it's time for an automatic

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After today I am thinking it is time to change my 3 on the tree standard and
go automatic in my 66 170 /6 Valiant, I will be looking threw some of our tech pages and learn what trans I need and what all it will consist of :glasses7:
Kick down linkage no problem, and I need to change my drive shaft to a different length and get a yoke for what ever trans I need to locate to bolt up to my 66 model 170 /6. Shifting and clutching is not doing this man on the hill any good, the down side is folks will not look and say WOW that car has the old three on the tree :colors: cool, and no more rolling starts if I ever had to :glasses7: but it's time to just put it in gear and enjoy the ride :colors:, If anyone has seen a thread on this when you have time on your hands post it up in this thread if you like, but when I find one I will post it up here myself.

Thank you..... Yep! I think it's time :coffee2:

a three speed and 904 should use the same driveshaft .

when I went auto to manual in my dart a 904 and the manual went in with the same driveshaft

a three speed and 904 should use the same driveshaft .

when I went auto to manual in my dart a 904 and the manual went in with the same driveshaft

I have a bad memory Rani, so don't take this personal sweet hart, Isn't your dart a 67/68 model ?

yes ...its a 68 ....are early As different?
Yes I believe so, I can't think of the name they call it but it has a different style front drive shaft 66 and earlier I believe, but like I said I am looking to see what I can learn and take pictures and go threw my 66 manual and post it up here, but it won't be this evening, memike had a hot long fun day :D

Yes I believe so, I can't think of the name they call it but it has a different style front drive shaft 66 and earlier I believe, but like I said I am looking to see what I can learn and take pictures and go threw my 66 manual and post it up here, but it won't be this evening, memike had a hot long fun day :D

are you talking about the ball and trunion flange ?

I was thinking that was earlier and in 66 you would have a slip yoke

Tell ya, Mike, when I bought my '67 I'd already decided I was too old to row a clutch and 4 speed, 'specially a big heavy thing in a V8. I even "dreamed" of using vacuum or hydro boost to run a hydraulic clutch, finally just decided to "go auto." Not long after, (this whole damn car is off CL, LOL) I found a manual/ reverse VB and love it to death.

I'm not sure, but ball and trunnion or not, the stick/ 904 might be the same. If this were me, though, I'd just put a later trans in --get rid of the ball / trunnion, and later shift linkage. Push Button stuff is getting dear to behold.

are you talking about the ball and trunion flange ?

I was thinking that was earlier and in 66 you would have a slip yoke

That is what you call it and yes I believe Victoria has a ball and trunion Rani :glasses7:

If Victoria has a ball and trunion it is incorrect. She should have a slip yoke. Ball and trunion is 65 and prior.

-
Back