Thinking of producing these for sale. Feedback please

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Have gotten a lot of positive feedback on door panels and trunk spare tire well panel board I fabricated for my 65 dart. These are not for everyone but may be a much cheaper alternative for folks that are on a budget.
Would start with door panels and trunk boards for 63 to 66 a bodies since I have templates and offer plain boards with pre drilled holes or coated in various colors.

Thanks for the yeas or the neas.

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0696.JPG

IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0702.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Last edited:
Have gotten a lot of positive feedback on door panels and trunk spare tire well panel board I fabricated for my 65 dart. These are not for everyone but may be a much cheaper alternative for folks that are on a budget.
Would start with door panels and trunk boards for 63 to 66 a bodies since I have templates and offer plain boards with pre drilled holes or coated in various colors.

View attachment 1715079797

View attachment 1715079798

View attachment 1715079799

View attachment 1715079800

View attachment 1715079801

View attachment 1715079802

View attachment 1715079803

What? No love for a 68 fastback? :poke:
Those look very nice.

I'd be interested in a set of door panels. PM me for more info or questions.

How about offering a paper template for the trunk board to those willing to make their own ? Much less hassle and materials.
Yote

How about offering a paper template for the trunk board to those willing to make their own ? Much less hassle and materials.
Yote
The paper templates would be interesting. Could use construction paper and ship in a tube.

Thats a great idea! The old stuff got wet and warped, or worse just broke.

Thanks. Prices are speculative at this point but
Plain Door panels would be around $25 ea.
Custom panels $35 to $60 ea.
Trunk boards- -$20 ea.
Put me down for a pair of trunk boards!
'67 Cuda
'71 Duster

PM me when there done!

the trunk piece looks good dude ! I'd be in for one, but not at the moment. Take an add out on ebay, you'll probably have a new business ?! You could expand, and quit your 9 to 5 ?

Some of the things I learned while providing parts and services ...
Universal application is where the sales numbers are, and I hope you find the spare tire cover to be the same in many many models.
There are those who need nothing more than measured drawings.
Not every owner has the DIY workspace, tools, skills.
The many owners who barely find the time for a round of golf/whatever typically have money to spend. Good luck

I'd love a pair for my '64 Dart!

And what are you coating them with?!

Filler / primer to cover grain of wood then truck bedliner spray for durability.
The bedliner spray then can be covered in any color desired.

Some of the things I learned while providing parts and services ...
Universal application is where the sales numbers are, and I hope you find the spare tire cover to be the same in many many models.
There are those who need nothing more than measured drawings.
Not every owner has the DIY workspace, tools, skills.
The many owners who barely find the time for a round of golf/whatever typically have money to spend. Good luck

Very true. The spare tire covers are the same for 65 to 76 a bodies I think.
Door panels are not as universal.
Still trying to work out the logistics of moving forward with this.

Appreciate all of the feedback from everyone.

I'm not sure about the door panels, but the spare tire cover looks close to correct. I just brought my 67 one in the other day, and it looks pretty close to correctish material.

I'm not sure about the door panels, but the spare tire cover looks close to correct. I just brought my 67 one in the other day, and it looks pretty close to correctish material.

These will be for folks looking for an affordable alternative and not worried about original correct material.

Do it! We made a set in the very same way for Jake's 65 B'cuda. Easy enough physically and finacially on his high school part time budget at the time....

-
Back