Thinking that I might trade all my cars/parts for one thats ready for action.

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
I am thinking of going fishing just to see the offers. Have any of you ever traded all your projects and parts for a car thats closer to what you want? What was your experiance?

Not exactly a trade, but...
I sold my project cars/extra parts, and saved and waited until I found a really nice driver that I could enjoy and upgrade as I go.... it was by far the best car decision I ever made! I just don't have time or room for major projects right now (or in the foreseeable future)...

ive tossed the idea around, but i know damn well i would never get back what i have into my stuff. i would like to get rid of everything for one nice ride, but i just dont see it happening.

Yep! Sold off my 70 340 Duster project. Bought the 73 done. But it is never
done. Always changing something.

Attachments

• fm3087_09.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 314
  • Duster first pic.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 302
I did it once before and it worked out pretty good but..... I got the car back that I traded lol. Im thinking about doing the samething again but this time with all my cars and parts. I dont have the time or alot of money to work on them.

I don't have anything worth a **** to trade, so I caint tell you. lol

I have done it with other hobbies but not Mopars. I think it's a good idea to get or have what you really want. So if you don't want a project get something that you can enjoy.

I have enough parts for 2 cars, but only one car (so, I'm just short a body shell, basically). So, I've considered trading all those extra parts toward a driving car. I haven't been motivated to put out feelers thinking that it wouldn't be likely to happen, but I guess you never know.

I tried that with my Dart, I know how it feels to be worn out on the resto and just want to drive something. I will say in my case it didnt work out and I got pretty screwed when bondo started falling of the frame of the car I got in trade.

Thats also the same reason I didnt want another huge project. Krusty will be on the road soon and I can upgrade as i beat the crap out of her.

I've cleaned house a couple of times,...ended up selling or trading for more project cars,...just the way it is for me I guess....

Where's the fun in that?!?

I agree. For me the fun is in doing the work, not driving it around, or washing and waxing it or taking it to shows. I don't think I would get the same satisfaction from driving around in somebody else's restoration.

That said, it would probably be cheaper to buy a finished car than to restore one myself.

I am not looking for a restored car. I am just looking for one that already has the V8 in it and I can cruise around. I am not actively looking as my black car is pretty close, just wanted to see what offers came in

Best advice I have for you is to concentrate on 1 car at a time......Otherwise, you'll be spinnin' in circles LOL :smile:

Finish the car Badart is doing for you IMO :thumleft:

I did just that, best thing I ever did. Life is too short.

I have a full time job, a four year old and another kid coming in a few weeks. I barely have time to breathe let alone tinker with cars.

The 'projects' were killing me, I wasn't getting anything out my hobby. It was depressing going out to the garage seeing my Dart up on jack stands for over a year. Then I bought another one and put it in the garage next to the Dart. I was stuck with two non-runninmg cars that needed tons of time and money to be decent. I had no room to work on them either unless I pushed one out. Not good! I was stoked to be rid of all my projects, was a huge weight off my shoulders.

Now when I can steal some time, I can spend it enjoying my car. Fires right up, I can burn rubber whenever.

And to an extent, my car satisfies my tinkering urge since there are plenty of things for me to change/upgrade/fix. Good thing about it is that I don't have to take the whole car apart. Working on my fuel system right now. Small projects rock.

I was lucky to be in a position to buy my car. It was essentially exactly the way I would have built it though so there was no doubt I made the right choice. I couldn't have built it for less than I paid for it.

Do it, you won't regret it.

I swear I will never render a running and driving car to the point, it will not start or move out of the grarage or driveway under its own power.

I did this once, traded a nice 73 duster, 4-speed that I owned and drove for 10 years all the time as a family car except in the winters.

I traded for an ex-drag car 65 belveder, 440 auto 4.56 gear. Run and drove.

Buy the time I went threw everything, I was so burnt out on working on it, stripped the body, made everything clean, replaced both 1/4 panels, my wife stiched up a nice interior.
The body was ready to paint, and I put a correct 4-speed back in it.
440 tunnel ram with 2x4 out of the hood.

Never painted it or put exhaust on it.
5 years going threw the car was enough.
I was just done, of not having something to drive if I wanted to.

I sold it to a guy in MI that said he was going "Jap hunting"

Well, I was trying not to make this a for trade thread as then it would probably get moved. But here is a link to the local add I placed. I am not looking to get rid of them, but thought it might be fun to see what comes to light. There is a lot more that goes that's not listed for the rite car too. But the key is the rite car.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=20338878&cat=656&lpid=3&search=

-
Back