This should be a blast

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
One of my good friends is an independent trucker. Does a lot of hauling out of Baltimore's marine terminal, to NJ and Western MD. He had a beautiful Peterbuilt stolen about 10 years ago. Been driving his brother's old turd while saving for another. He said it is time. He apparently got a smoking deal on a newer truck out west. He's going to fly himself and I out to Denver, to get to Kansas, next week after the blizzards coming in, so we can drive this baby home. Should be a blast.

49046.jpeg

The dealer is in Colby, Ks. Dave has it planned out to fly to Denver, then jump on a commuter flight to KS. Dealer is picking us up there. Like I said - I'm just along for the ride.

-- The dealer is in Colby, Ks. Dave has it planned out to fly to Denver, then jump on a commuter flight to KS. Dealer is picking us up there. Like I said - I'm just along for the ride. --
-- Enjoy ! -- Bring back a Rust Free car. -- :)

Ain't that the truth! Us east coast folks would drool over a rust free project. It's funny - I've always want to fly out and drive something home . Never thought it would something so big. LOL

looks like you will wont be spending any money on hotels on the way back

The blizzard y'all got has delayed the adventure. We are not going until next week. Fly into Denver Thurs evening, the 21st. Grab a rental car and drive to Colby, Kansas. Find a place to crash until morning and show up at the dealer when they open Friday morning. While David gives the tractor a once over and signs the deal, I'll head to Walmart and pick up some road trip foods and drinks. When he's done and ready, we've got to head east to come home, so we'll stop in Hays to drop the rental and from there we'll drop the hammer and haul *** back towards Baltimore.

We'll be east bound and down. Jerry Reed and Bert Reynolds would be so proud....

The blizzard y'all got has delayed the adventure. We are not going until next week. Fly into Denver Thurs evening, the 21st. Grab a rental car and drive to Colby, Kansas. Find a place to crash until morning and show up at the dealer when they open Friday morning. While David gives the tractor a once over and signs the deal, I'll head to Walmart and pick up some road trip foods and drinks. When he's done and ready, we've got to head east to come home, so we'll stop in Hays to drop the rental and from there we'll drop the hammer and haul *** back towards Baltimore.

We'll be east bound and down. Jerry Reed and Bert Reynolds would be so proud....
Bring back a case of Coors in their honor!

.. While David gives the tractor a once over and signs the deal..
What if the once over aint good? That sounds like a fun road trip. I never traveled in a big rig, but with that condo on the back, it looks comfortable for sure. Lots of trucks out of Cali due to the absurd smog requirements out here. I know heavy equipment was lining the yards on the border states because their emissions were deemed illegal in CA. And we wanted to build a high speed rail...what a joke.

If the once over goes south, for reasons other than the color he can't see because he's color-blind, I'll drive us home in the rental car while he cries in the back seat for 1438 miles....

I wondered what you were talking about in the PM, but now I see this thread and it makes sense.

That is going to be a fun trip to remember for years.

I have been wanting an excuse to go on a random road trip for the most random reason, I just haven't been so lucky to have anything materialize.

Be safe on your adventure and have fun.

Well my big rig adventure is canceled. He has spoken to the dealer 3 times since Friday - they keep find g small issues with it that they suggested he fix before heading east with it. So he lost the warm fuzzy feeling and is once again on the hunt for the right deal on another one.

-
Back