Those universal " X pipe kits"....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I run a 2.5" Summit pipe on my A body small block and it fit great. Doesn't hit anything. Not a lot of room under there for a 3" pipe.

I can't say from experience, but I've heard good things about the TTI pipe kits. They offer an "H" pipe and an "X" pipe in their kits. PLan on using one of them on my Charger when it gets to that point because they offer a kit to mate up to the stock HP manifolds.

I have a summit x pipe, kind of like it it has plenty of pipe to adjust it where it is needed.

All universals kits are just that, universally made to fit nothing. You have to make it fit the car. Cutting, welding and adding more bends is what it typically takes.

Universal stuff does not fit anything,except sometimes by accident they fit better than everything else made to fit the application.

Applicationspecific aftermarket parts tend to fit fine once you go thru the basic steps of cut to fit,gap to spec,paint to match and sometimes beat the part into submission with your favorite tolleranceadjustmenttool(usualy weighs betwen 2 and 10Lbs and are generaly betwen 10 and 40 inches long) comonly known as little handsledge and big *** sledge.

I have the Summit 3" X-pipe kit. It's not a bolt-in, you have to cut the legs to fit.

I knew from the beginning it wasn't going to fit in front because I put Hedman B-body headers in my lowdeck A-body (the collectors don't line up with the torsion bar cutouts). Four mandrel-bent 18 degree elbows from mandrelbends.com and some cutting and welding to make shallow doglegs, and it all lined up. Eventually!

This is what I currently have, a TTI X-pipe, 2.5" dumps in front of the axle.

IMG-3912.jpg

I'm having a stainless 3" X-pipe system made from this company, oval tubing:

Oval Mufflers

should end up like this:

IMG-3914.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you find that factory style of rear muffler mounting brackets? That beats the snot of the Chinese universal brackets ( one of the biggest difficulties...) .
Those are from TTI! Don't know what they cost now, but go to their site.

...are you sitting down? ....LOL...

...okay looks like they are $77 a set plus shipping

EDIT, ya beat me to it. Yea, it's actually not bad. ;)

-
Back