Thoughts on this colour

-
I have no spray booth, and therefore to never have any "dirt" in the paint is really hard!! The country... dirt, bugs, humidity, etc!

In regards to B5 blue and and its name. In my Dodge and Plymouth Muscle Car Red Book it lists the following.
1968 Plymouth QQ1 Electric Blue
1968 Dodge QQ1 Bright Blue Metallic
1969 Dodge B5 Bright Blue Metallic
1969 Plymouth B5 Blue Fire Metallic
So is B5 Blue the same color in 1968 and 1969 or was QQ1 a different color in 1969 but dodge just kept the same name as the previous (1968) model year and Plymouth changed the name because it was actually a different color?

Or to put it another way is a 1968 Charger with QQ1 Bright Blue Metallic the same color as a 1969 Charger with B5 Bright Blue Metallic?

The reason I ask is I had always thought Electric Blue was a different color than B5 Blue

Dodge says QQ1 and B5 are the same color. Plymouth says they are different colors

Well now I'm thinking I may do my car black. Everybody I know in town is like.."NO NOT BLACK!!" you'll see every flaw and you'll be washing it every day...Well my car's in really good shape to start with so we will see when we get it striped...probably 110% bondo..no it's not lol. I think the one below looks pretty darn spiffy accept I would put classic stock cragar SS's on it. I may put a red Swinger stripe on it, I also bought a power bulge hood last year from AMD. Must be fate. :)

52151274673_f5ae5af046_b.jpg

Last edited:
its B5 and back in to paint the wing to match ten years after the car was painted . and on top of that time difference , different types of materials were used . the wing is base coat/clear coat , the car was a color only squirt . oh ya no cut and buff on either the car or wing . owner wanted an oem finish on everything . its just a nice driver .
DSC08613.JPG
DSC08627.JPG
DSC08623.JPG
DSC08631.JPG
DSC00374.JPG
DSC00373.JPG

Well now I'm thinking I may do my car black. Everybody I know in town is like.."NO NOT BLACK!!" you'll see every flaw and you'll be washing it every day...Well my car's in really good shape to start with so we will see when we get it striped...probably 110% bondo..no it's not lol. I think the one below looks pretty darn spiffy accept I would put classic stock cragar SS's on it. I may put a red Swinger stripe on it, I also bought a power bulge hood last year from AMD. Must be fate. :)

View attachment 1715947744
I had three black cars at one time, drivers, and no garage space for them (garage was full of other cars). I will NEVER own a black car again.

-
Back