Throttle linkage, kickdown questions

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
First off thanks to everyone for their help! I had added these questions to my carb questions, but I thought I would post it here as well to hopefully get more replies. Sorry for the crummy pics, I will try and get better ones today. If you compare the linkage on dads 67 to the linkage pics in the service manual, it shows a different bracket. I know the bracket we have is correct, but have I got the linkages mixed up?? I know we need the Eddy #1481 linkage adapter. Im picking that up today. Everything is stock except for the Eddy 1405 carb. Car is 67 with 273 and 904 console shift.

Thanks
4spdragtop and ragtops pop

Attachments

• DSCF6879 (Medium).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCF6880 (Medium).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 527
  • DSCF6882 (Medium).jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCF6884 (Medium).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 524
  • DSCF6887 (Medium).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 508
  • DSCF6890 (Medium).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 499
Steve, if you are talking about the throttle cable bracket, the one in the service manual is showing a 2 barrel in the top pic. i cant see the one you have from the side, but it just looks like the throttle cable hold down is just bent over 90* for the 2 barrel and yours is standing straight up. its kind of hard to tell from the pics....

Your right Lance, I never noticed the 2bbl from the service manual pics. Dads is a 4bbl and Im not sure if we mounted the kickdown to the wrong side(pointed to the inside as opposed to the outside)

Steve ,i have the same exact set-up as shown in your top pic on my 67 2 barrel 318 with the same kickdown linkage. i just put an edelbrock 4 barrel intake and carb on it , i havent hooked up the linkage yet, but i am going to attempt to use all the same hardware that was on my 2 barrel. when i did this to my 360, i was able to make it work by bending the hold down straight up like yours is. hopefully this will work with the 318. i will post up some pics if i am able to make it work. please post up some pics if you get this worked out before i do.

Ok got the Eddy 1481 adapter for dads carb(eddy 1405) and it made a difference. I dunno if it is correct or not, but looks like it. although the kickdown looks like it engages at idle.....there is 2 adjustments that can be set later. Hope these pics help someone. By the way engine is stock 273 4bbl with 904 and Eddy 1405 carb and 1481 adapter.

Attachments

• DSCF6901 (Medium).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCF6903 (Medium).jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 489
I like your pics 4spdragtop, I'm working on mine too & pics do help, I got mine setup, drives good, but not getting full Throttle!

hears some pics!

Attachments

• throttl3.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 479
  • trottle2.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 513
Thanks, I should taken better pics of the 1481 adapter, but yours show it good though! I wonder if there is any slack in your throttle cable causing you too not get full throttle??

The throttle cable seems too long to me, I'm goin to tray adjusten on it some more later!

i was able to get everything hooked up and working using all the 2 barrel stuff and no chrysler linkage adaptor. all i had to do was make the kickdown rod longer . pics suck and i still have to clean the parts. i wanted to get it all mocked up first. i have new valve covers and an air cleaner to put on yet

Attachments

• d182.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 470
  • d183.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 470
  • d184.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 460
  • d185.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 480
  • d186.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 459
Nice job Lance, looks great! FYI, your kickdown looks straight, mine has a bend in it...Lori likes it like that!! LOL

All....this is correct '67 273 4bbl throttle bracket/kickdown (pressure) linkage....

Attachments

• 273-4Kickdown (Small).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 465
Nice job Lance, looks great! FYI, your kickdown looks straight, mine has a bend in it...Lori likes it like that!! LOL

Steve , that motor looks so clean you could eat off it, when are going to lite that puppy off ? looks really good ! Donna likes it a little crooked too LOL

65, is that little tab the kickdown spring is attatched to the intake or the kickdown rod itself?

That little tab is factory and welded to the kickdown rod. The spring attaches to it and then to the throttle rod. We hope to have it fired up within a week! Thanks for the kind words bud!!

65Val, Thanks for the great photo. I was always confused by the spring pulling back on the throttle stud in other's photos (who would want "throttle assist"?), but you clearly show it serves to pull the kickdown rod forward. On other cars (later years or maybe BB), the kickdown rod has a small hole at the front where a spring attaches to pull it forward, grounded at throttle spring bracket. I got the linkage off an 80's 318 4 bbl to use when I change to a 4 bbl carb.

Can you slide the cable back in the bracket further??
yep, I worked with it some more & thats what I done, just likes a little bit now haveing full throttle, it wont go back no more because it would not hold in thear if I put it back any more.

Attachments

• kdownclose.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 419
  • kdown.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 413
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a part number for the stud that the springs, throttle and linkage connect to? I already have the 1481, I just need the stud that goes on it.
thanks

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a part number for the stud that the springs, throttle and linkage connect to? I already have the 1481, I just need the stud that goes on it.
thanks

Dont be sorry. I would rather see old threads being revived, than a new thread get started asking the same question that has been asked before. Although the search function here leaves a little to be desired. Sorry Im not much help with the part #. My adobe doesnt work on my computer for some reason. Its decided to take a crap. Take a look at this link and download a manual for your car

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107

Merry Christmas!

thanks

Is dis whatch you be lookin' fer?

Attachments

• stud.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 203
Yes! My car came with a Holley from the PO. I'm starting to think that the stud I need came from a two barrel? Where can I get one? Store maybe?
Thanks

The one you have doesn't look like this one?

PM me your mailing address, I'll shoot ya this one. That is if you don't mind a little Mopar grease and oil on it. lol

-
Back