Throttle linkage to Edelbrock 1906 on Magnum 5.9L Dart 67

-

Achill

Reaction score
Hi, I've installed Edelbrock AVS2 Series Carburetors 1906 to my Magnum 5.9L (Car is Dodge Dart 1967) and now throttle linkage is not working properly - gas cable is moving to the back of the car (sorry for the description) and Carb linkage should go to the front of the car. what's the name of the kit to make it work properly?

something like this? Edelbrock AVS Series Linkage Kits 1873

there dozens of these kits, which one should I select? Thanks a lot in advance!

edl-1873_w_ml.jpg

Hi, I've installed Edelbrock AVS2 Series Carburetors 1906 to my Magnum 5.9L (Car is Dodge Dart 1967) and now throttle linkage is not working properly - gas cable is moving to the back of the car (sorry for the description) and Carb linkage should go to the front of the car. what's the name of the kit to make it work properly?

View attachment 1715485286
That's for accelerator pump and choke/fast idle linkage. Not what you need. Post a few pictures of what you have going.

Here it comes, my carb picture and the linkage - so the "throttle cable" is significantly longer and if I'm trying to "hook" it to the top - there no "bracket" to hold it...
PHOTO-202.jpg
PHOTO-2020.jpg
PHOTO-2020-03-11-17-11-25.jpg
PHOTO-2020-03-11-17-11-24.jpg

edl-1906_dl_xl.jpg

This is a 318 LA engine but you will need the throttle cable stud for the carb and a bracket to hold the cable. I would look around Summit and see what they have. Because you have a Magnum engine you will need a throttle cable bracket to fit that intake. The cable doesn't come straight out of the firewall to the carb. There is a bend in it for proper fit.

ld4b linkage.jpg

4bbl linkage works best, but you can get 2bbl linkage dime a dozen and it works fine to with just a "slight" bend.

4bbl linkage works best, but you can get 2bbl linkage dime a dozen and it works fine to with just a "slight" bend.

This guy has a Magnum engine though. Do you know if the stock Magnum throttle cable bracket would work with a LA cable?

This guy has a Magnum engine though. Do you know if the stock Magnum throttle cable bracket would work with a LA cable?
true, the bolt angles are different. He might have to see what's out there for aftermarket. I'll do some research myself as well....

This is the proper part (but it lacks the stud, which has to be sourced):
Cable Mounting Bracket - P4876850

But no idea if it's actually in-stock, or another ghost part.
Just me being me I would probably get a Factory four-barrel holder and bend it into the position that works for your application. Then take it back off and paint it nice and put it back on... Even if I had to cut it and reweld it to make the shape that I wanted...

Just me being me I would probably get a Factory four-barrel holder and bend it into the position that works for your application. Then take it back off and paint it nice and put it back on... Even if I had to cut it and reweld it to make the shape that I wanted...
agree, even the 2bbl one I might be able to get to work. I'll know soon enough when I put the 5.9 in the truck.

agree, even the 2bbl one I might be able to get to work. I'll know soon enough when I put the 5.9 in the truck.

I used the 2 barrel bracket and it works just fine.
What it takes is to bend the bracket into a more upright position and change the angle of the flat where the cable clamp is. (a big Crecent wrench helps to bend it)
But then I had to do what I always do and take it a step farther into "One off" land.:D
I have a cable for trans throttle pressure, so I designed a disc linkage on the carb that is slotted so I can change the throttle pressure cable pull geometry when/if I want.
Moving the bottom stud up or down changes the cable pull geometry.
The top stud is where the throttle cable attaches.

readysml.jpg

From the OP's pictures it appears the throttle cable is really long. Or maybe it's just the angle.

Yes it does. I wonder if it was originally a slant 6?

View attachment 1715485286

From the OP's pictures it appears the throttle cable is really long. Or maybe it's just the angle.

My car was an original 318 car and it isn't near that long.
(Even with the pigstail curl out of the firewall.)

i just called my parts man. that mp part number p4876850 is discontinued. there were 4 left in mopars parts systems. only 2 now. they are in cleveland. call your mopar parts man as they will be gone later today, probably.

-
Back