Throttle linkage?

-

Craig Burriss

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Could someone please give me some advice on throttle linkage. Mine is severely rigged just so I can move the car and would probably kill me if I tried to drive it on the street like this.
I have the stock 70 Duster throttle cable, a 440 with an edelbrock performer intake and an edelbrock 800 carb. I also have some sort of linkage mount that came on the 440 when i got it.
Thanks
609DF85F-70E3-41B3-AA72-49D5A431E5D5.jpeg

and would probably kill me if I tried to drive it on the street like this.

It would probably kill your trans if you did, if it's an auto trans with a stock valve body.

I also have some sort of linkage mount that came on the 440 when i got it.

Post up a pic, it could be your throttle pressure linkage (kickdown).

Man your oil pressure line looks like it is tight as a guitar string..... you want to make sure it has plenty of slack and is routed so it doesnt chafe on anything.

Yep, your throttle bracket needs some help. It should be raised up and pull more horizontal on, and in line with the carb. If you are any good at fabricating I would start with a couple of wrecking yard brackets and modify them to work. You should also run two return springs, again, easy to find in the wrecking yard.

First off, you need the piece that slips over the stud and the nut that holds it on, instead of using safety wire.

Assuming it's a V8 throttle cable, you can use the bracket you currently have, just modify it. I recommend buying a short piece of metal strap, the same thickness as the bracket; probably 6" would do it. Bend the tab up where the cable attaches and cut it off a couple inches below the stud. Cut the strap to length so you can position it where you need it and weld it between the bracket and the piece you cut off. If you don't have a welder, mock it up at the house and take it to a shop to have them weld it.

Of course all the procedure before assumes you're not building a show car. If you are, buy a pretty, new bracket. Good luck either way.

Last edited:
Just get a jegs/summit whatever manufacturer throttle bracket it works great and looks good.

Could someone please give me some advice on throttle linkage. Mine is severely rigged just so I can move the car and would probably kill me if I tried to drive it on the street like this.
I have the stock 70 Duster throttle cable, a 440 with an edelbrock performer intake and an edelbrock 800 carb. I also have some sort of linkage mount that came on the 440 when i got it.
Thanks
View attachment 1715263468

I've been making Mopar throttle linkage kits that solve that problem for the last 20 years. Throttle Bracket Kits | AR Engineering

-
Back