Throwing knife

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Kid sketched a throwing knife and I cut it out for him of 1/8 plate. Put a point on it (no edge) and he wrapped it in 12G stranded. He did the finish grinding and disk sanding on the mill scale. Not a lot of heft but it does stick in a cardboard box he throws at (and once in a tree with me throwing). Can sink it 4 of 5 times now from 10 feet. Good afternoon project. Next one I will quench blade in oil, "forged in iron" style.
39442290_10155818478604157_7946686793301098496_n.jpg

Line 'whipping' can come in handy for knife & tool handles -

Kid sketched a throwing knife and I cut it out for him of 1/8 plate. Put a point on it (no edge) and he wrapped it in 12G stranded. He did the finish grinding and disk sanding on the mill scale. Not a lot of heft but it does stick in a cardboard box he throws at (and once in a tree with me throwing). Can sink it 4 of 5 times now from 10 feet. Good afternoon project. Next one I will quench blade in oil, "forged in iron" style.
View attachment 1715212371

You got off easy, as my Son wanted a 5 foot handle gothic axe something like this.

SNAW1107_3_l.jpg

Id like to do the stacked leather disc handle on the next one or a heavier (3/8 stack) handle. I had a cheapo survival knife I found as a kid and I could stick that almost every time into a wood fence, just more mass.

Are we going to be reading about one of these kids in the future ????

lol

sorry couldnt help it...

I welded on 2 more 1/8 plates to the handle, now the thing has a 3/8 solid steel full tang handle, added some mass.

-
Back