Time slips from the weekend

-

Jerry gray

Reaction score
15933936520812830448946466018665.jpg
IMG_20200628_210049.jpg
we went Friday night and made 4 passes. raced Saturday track was not 100 percent when we started.time.runs reflect that.was a crap shoot on the dail in first round.his 006 pushed me out on the brake.they worked on the.track and it got better.bought back and gave it away at the tree.going back and try it again next week.1968 barracuda w2 340 solid flat 570 pump gas 750 AED carb.727 8" converter and 513 in a 8.75.29.5x10.5w.foot.brake car.

1593393736208971633930186270057.jpg

View attachment 1715552945

15933940266212177283110458981284.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1715552941 View attachment 1715552934 we went Friday night and made 4 passes. raced Saturday track was not 100 percent when we started.time.runs reflect that.was a crap shoot on the dail in first round.his 006 pushed me out on the brake.they worked on the.track and it got better.bought back and gave it away at the tree.going back and try it again next week.1968 barracuda w2 340 solid flat 570 pump gas 750 AED carb.727 8" converter and 513 in a 8.75.29.5x10.5w.foot.brake car.

View attachment 1715552942

View attachment 1715552945

View attachment 1715552949

Awesome Jerry,
If you haven't talked to Wayne by time I get back to work (I'm out again with another surgery), I'll tell him he needs to run ya in his VW, lol. I went through a VW phase also and have bought him in some of my old books and stuff like that.
Also, I've been looking at houses or build-able lots out towards your way. I don't want to go any farther than Windsor, just haven't found the "right" place yet. Damn P-town is giving me and surveyor I hired a hard time about building my garage and some other crap, so I'm ready to head west, just not too far.
Would be cool, when I heal up some more, to watch ya run the '68.
Dan

Hey Dan, I hope you get to feeling better soon.im rebuilding a house in the town of Windsor now.it has a garage and plenty of room for another one.take a ride and look at it.25 bank street. That was the first weekend of racing for me since 2017.ihave been working on race cars for the past 2 years.i gave the race away Sat in the 4th rnd. Cut a .072 light to his .042. alitte rusty but it is not over yet.anyone.that says bracket racing is easy has never did it.

Hey Dan, I hope you get to feeling better soon.im rebuilding a house in the town of Windsor now.it has a garage and plenty of room for another one.take a ride and look at it.25 bank street. That was the first weekend of racing for me since 2017.ihave been working on race cars for the past 2 years.i gave the race away Sat in the 4th rnd. Cut a .072 light to his .042. alitte rusty but it is not over yet.anyone.that says bracket racing is easy has never did it.

Hey Jerry-thank you. Gonna send a PM, so I'm not hi-jacking your thread.
Dan

I had to take engine out of the barracuda.kframe is done@ the torsion bar. I took the dart and made a couple passes.it went 6.88/ 6.88 and a aborted pass.its spinning out of the hole some.and running out of fuel on the top end. it doesn't seem to transfer weight to the back with the rack and pinion kframe and coil overs.need a 130 gpm pump 110 didn't keep up.left @3000 rpms .and shifted@6000 it's got more in it .we'll see.next week with a new pump and new tires 416"340 power glide 475 in a Dana .

15941751587473636877073663599551.jpg

15941752301243797969916259534562.jpg

IMG_20200705_195735.jpg

@70aarcuda didn't like that kind of suspension and i thing,.....all three of his cars are back to the tried and true /6 torsion bar setup..............

I have the 6 tb setup in the barracuda and it works great with the caltrac mono leaf.60' times week ago 1.572/1.572/1.570/1.570. the rms front doesn't work with the leaf springs.may be good for the street but not for dragracing.

I have the 6 tb setup in the barracuda and it works great with the caltrac mono leaf.60' times week ago 1.572/1.572/1.570/1.570. the rms front doesn't work with the leaf springs.may be good for the street but not for dragracing.
Those (coilover) frontends are no improvement in the handling department either, if a guy knows suspensions...

I don't have alot of experience with different suspensions.the torsion bar in my barracuda is the only one that I have used for racing.the rms front was in the car when I bought it.and I'm not impressed

@70aarcuda didn't like that kind of suspension and i thing,.....all three of his cars are back to the tried and true /6 torsion bar setup..............

Actually only the Dart and Duster had the torsion bar elimination kit on them.....The Dart now has the old /6 torsion bars and 90/10 shocks.....weight transferred is great....
Duster will get swapped out this winter....as i am too busy to get to it...plus its going to cost me a few bucks to swap back...

Sometimes we out trick ourselves. The kids 360 with totally stock front suspension except for 90/10 shocks and caltracks in the back. Low 1.40’s sixty foot times.

Actually only the Dart and Duster had the torsion bar elimination kit on them.....The Dart now has the old /6 torsion bars and 90/10 shocks.....weight transferred is great....
Duster will get swapped out this winter....as i am too busy to get to it...plus its going to cost me a few bucks to swap back...
I really don't want to change the dart back to torsion bars.but it doesn't work the way it is.

Sometimes we out trick ourselves. The kids 360 with totally stock front suspension except for 90/10 shocks and caltracks in the back. Low 1.40’s sixty foot times.
Yes we do, the front end under the car was one of the reasons I considered buying the car.i hadn't even considered that it didn't work

Yes we do, the front end under the car was one of the reasons I considered buying the car.i hadn't even considered that it didn't work

Trust me I love my coil over suspension and have been 1.25 sixty foot times with my small block. The ease of working on it with a rack and pinion at my age sure helps. It’s an old school box frame frontend and a buddy changed out the old mercury Capri struts and switched it over to a single adjustable strange strut. My rear shocks have never been touched and are probably 20 years old. That’s on my one of these day lists to do.

Trust me I love my coil over suspension and have been 1.25 sixty foot times with my small block. The ease of working on it with a rack and pinion at my age sure helps. It’s an old school box frame frontend and a buddy changed out the old mercury Capri struts and switched it over to a single adjustable strange strut. My rear shocks have never been touched and are probably 20 years old. That’s on my one of these day lists to do.
You just need to buy them shock and put'm on a shelf.........that way you will never need to us them:)

You just need to buy them shock and put'm on a shelf.........that way you will never need to us them:)
does the duster have a 4 link ? I'm thinking that the front would need less travel and maybe work better with ladder bars and coil overs.its a mini tub car .

does the duster have a 4 link ? I'm thinking that the front would need less travel and maybe work better with ladder bars and coil overs.its a mini tub car .

My car is a ladder bar car. I did upgrade them some about five years ago to the newer style that you can adjust without disconnecting them.

the leaf springs need more front end travel to work than a coil over ladder bar.set up. I'm thinking this is the better alternative to putting the torsion bar setup back in .

I should add I have an idiot sheet that I keep in the Duster for front shock adjustments. In the Fall and early spring I have to tighten them up a lot to keep it down some. That way I don’t throw away a time trial.
AFE38CCA-8C4D-4422-9C2B-0F6D154AD802.jpeg

I might need to try to loosen it up and lower the front some more.i will need a shorter front tire.the front suspension is took wide for a tall tire.28" is all over the fender.they also came on the car.

-
Back