Time to get started.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well as we all know I have been driving my 66valiant sedan.
It has been hotter then hell here in N.E Arkansas.100's
But tomorrow it will be 84 and cloud cover.:cheers:
So it is about time I get started getting vicki up to date.
here is a before picture where Hopefully I will get started.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

valiant 004.jpg

valiant 005.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 001.jpg

My first up date was beauty rings on the little 13' wheels.
My second up date was to get me some music in her with out hurting the car.
Speakers are in the box on the back seat.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 002.jpg

memike 089.JPG

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 015.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 002.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 017.jpg

Tomorrow the new electronic ignition will be put in if everyone and weather will be good to me and let me get started.

It will feel good to get started.
I have tagged her and put about 1.200 miles on her with no problems at all.
I wake up have a cup of joe and jump in her and drive.
she is a smooth and quite as a new car.

I am digging this sweet 66 every day.
new miles on her 55558.4

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg

Mike, the electronic ignition system is a great upgrade as I'm sure you already know.

I installed the same kit a few years ago. It made acceleration much smoother and seemed to keep pulling over a larger rpm range. Plus it starts up easily every time I turn the key. Well worth every penny.

Greg

Mike, the electronic ignition system is a great upgrade as I'm sure you already know.

I installed the same kit a few years ago. It made acceleration much smoother and seemed to keep pulling over a larger rpm range. Plus it starts up easily every time I turn the key. Well worth every penny.

Greg
Thanks Greg, Do you still run the blue box?

Well the cool morning is here and the date is 8/8/08.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 059.jpg

Memike you sure are doing a fine job on her. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out for you and Vickie.

Thanks dartcuda I have my breakfast in me and meds.
I just moved everything to the shade tree next to my outside deck.:cheers:

Thanks Greg, Do you still run the blue box?

Yep, still have the blue box. Works fine mostly, I don't rev the thing very high. Mine got a little warm once or twice, the epoxy on the back of the box melted a little and dripped down the fender apron. (see pic)

Never bothered to diagnose it though so I can't say why it got hot - likely unwanted resistance somewhere. Seems OK now though, no more melting has occured, it's been that way for years.

Keep us posted on your progress.

melted.jpg

Go get 'er Memike...............Let's see your progress..........

That car was sweet enough as it was.........It's gonna make a grown man cry when you get done touchin' it up........:crybaby: :toothy10:

Got her in and running smoooooth:-D
Hit the key and it sounds like hAhmmmmmmmm.:rock:
I had to run to Ace hardware and pick up a longer bolt to mount the new ballast resister. and you can see the electronic voltage reg that looks like the old one.:thumbrig:
I stopped by the Zone to pick up new plug wires and they said they had them, I opened the box at the store and said , No these are the wrong one's.
They did not have the boot cover fore the plug dome.
I guess I will have to see if NAPA has any.

Easy install and smooth down the road and it did not hesitate to clime up my hill in second gear.:blob:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 063.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 066 (Custom).jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 062.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 068 (Custom) (2).jpg

As soon as she rest's a while I will put my new upper hose on.
All of my dirt track cars was #7,or 77 or 47.

Look at the part number on my new hose.:toothy10:

Well would you look at the clock :tongue5:!!! its :drinkers: time

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 065 (Custom).jpg

What to do with my spare parts:-k

When my motor mount gets here I will start cleaning on the engine

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 069.jpg

Im diggin' the Tiki bar in the background. The palm tree is hilarious. It's beer thirty!

If you looked up 'shadetree mechanic' in the dictionary, that picture would be next to the definition.

Nice job Mike, keep up the good work.

What to do with my spare parts:-k

When my motor mount gets here I will start cleaning on the engine

Put them in a box in the trunk Mike. You can always swap parts on the side of the road if you're stuck. If you dispose of them, then you'll be stuck on the side of the road. Cheap insurance. :-D

Im diggin' the Tiki bar in the background. The palm tree is hilarious. It's beer thirty!

If you looked up 'shadetree mechanic' in the dictionary, that picture would be next to the definition.

Nice job Mike, keep up the good work.

Thank you rmchrgr :thumbrig:
I am an eye candy sort of guy:happy10: and that little bar sitting spot is about the right distance from the house. :glasses8: No children area.=D>

I am shooting for a new shop in the next 10 months, 30X30 with shower, Shitster, and a 8X10 loft. One day! :drinkers:

Mother nature sure douse a good job on lighting, and a nice breeze too.
Yep I am a proud shad tree man. When mother nature helps,
other wise it don't happen, it will just have to wait, Hot or rainning.

I got in the mood to take her out!! But,
it was to easy to go reaching for a :drinkers: and I am just picking up tools and enjoy'en a cold one. I think it may have hit 82 deg's today.

Mother nature was good to memike today.[-o<

11.jpg

Put them in a box in the trunk Mike. You can always swap parts on the side of the road if you're stuck. If you dispose of them, then you'll be stuck on the side of the road. Cheap insurance. :-D

I hate to say this but DAMN Oldvart!!!
you are good for something!!!!!:poke:
Great idea Thanks eh!! :drinkers:

I wonder if my better half will know
how happy I am when she gets home..:drinkers::toothy10:

Will Do Sid:thumleft:

Looks good memike,

I need to do the same elect conversion on my 71 swinger.

I could also use a good, non leaking 1bbl carburetor and the dart should be happy.

I know what you mean bout mother nature as I prefer to work in the sunlight as well with a nice breeze blowing, can't beat it.

Looking good. Your plug wire problem was just the opposite of mine. NAPA only had the booted ones. Parts plus had a set that was about a foot to long on each cable so I grabbed the NAPA set and cut off the boot. On your tunes I got a Restrosound stereo f/Crutchfield that has adjustable shafts and it fit in my 75 using their universal faceplate. It has aux plug in for ipod/XM radio and usb port for flash drive. You can get a cd changer for it also. It has a remote eye available so you can hide the whole unit. It's made in China but seems to work good and fits in the dash. Keep up the good work. Mike

Looking good. Your plug wire problem was just the opposite of mine. NAPA only had the booted ones. Parts plus had a set that was about a foot to long on each cable so I grabbed the NAPA set and cut off the boot. On your tunes I got a Restrosound stereo f/Crutchfield that has adjustable shafts and it fit in my 75 using their universal faceplate. It has aux plug in for ipod/XM radio and usb port for flash drive. You can get a cd changer for it also. It has a remote eye available so you can hide the whole unit. It's made in China but seems to work good and fits in the dash. Keep up the good work. Mike

Thanks for the info lowbudget :cheers:
I am more of a {if I can here it and select it} I am happy.:-D
But I might make me a fishing rod holder with camping gear.
travel the roads and see some folks and enjoy a few state's around me.

I need to take a close look at the rear end and drive line before I do some thing like a great sounding stereo.:clock:

Thanks for the new update on a good product.8)

Looks good memike,

I need to do the same elect conversion on my 71 swinger.

I could also use a good, non leaking 1bbl carburetor and the dart should be happy.

I know what you mean bout mother nature as I prefer to work in the sunlight as well with a nice breeze blowing, can't beat it.

Wish I had the offy and 390 on and tuned up good and running =P~=P~

I would send you a 66 model pea shooter looking good and runs and idles great.8)

-
Back